[Repro-1] Released!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

24dB any chance of posting it in this thread please? http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&start=90 I've been looking for the similar sound lately.

Sure thing! Thanks for the good word :)

I was actually asking if you can post the patch, since that thread is Repro-1 Presets Thread, but I guess I was a bit vague :)

Ohh ok, will do when I get home

Ok, its posted over there

With hardware controller knobs assigned to the 3 mod knobs in Repro-1 (mod fil env, mod osc b, mod lfo) via midi learn I seem to be triggering the modwheel itself in addition to the modulation amount knobs.

Is this behaviour intended?

edit: nevermind it seems to be unrelated to Repro-1, it's my Nektar sending cc1 on the mixer section knobs :roll:

Midi assignemnet/automation Repro1 VST3 x 64

Im unable to midi learn any midi controller parameters in Cubase, no issue with other plugins afaiw.

By manually setting up midi assignment in the midi table, the midi assignment works.

However once enabling [W]-write, in cubase. The automation recording is not working except when pressing the record which is recording over the original midi, other plugins I can just play back with Write enabled and the automation is captured. Again no issue with other plugins.

Any help appreciated as in middle of a project and if not working, dont want to waste more time trying to find a null and void fix.

Thanks guys.

That's a limitation of VST3 plugins for now - no MIDI learn.

EvilDragon wrote:That's a limitation of VST3 plugins for now - no MIDI learn.
Thanks ED, thought that may be the case. Appreciate the confirmation.

Do you know why CC automation works in midi record mode only or is this again another restriction.
Find manually ammending automation in the main Cubase window much more fruitful than the chunky midi editor?

No idea, I don't use Cubase, or VST3 unless I REALLY have to (and most often I don't have to) :)

MFXxx wrote:By manually setting up midi assignment in the midi table, the midi assignment works.

However once enabling [W]-write, in cubase. The automation recording is not working except when pressing the record which is recording over the original midi, other plugins I can just play back with Write enabled and the automation is captured. Again no issue with other plugins.
There are two kinds of automation you can record, MIDI CC automation and parameter automation.
If you assign a CC to a parameter and then use that CC to record automation, you are effectively only recording the CC movement, but not the plugin parameter movement itself. This will be recorded inside the MIDI clip in Cubase, and you have to record-enable the track and also press record in the transport bar for this to work.

Then there is plugin parameter automation. For this, you simply enable the write automation by pressing the 'w'. Then when the host plays, you move the plugin parameter with your mouse to record that automation on a lane in the main Cubase window (no need to press record on the transport bar).

This is the standard way this works in Cubase, afair. I also tried it with some plugins from other developers, it works the same way in every plugin.
I would actually recommend recording parameter automation over recording CC automation.
Because if you ever change the CC assignments in the plugin, your projects won't sound the same again. E.g. if you usually use CC 21 to control Filter Cutoff, and only record the CC movements, but at some point change your CC assignment for Cutoff to CC 22, then the recorded CC automation won't control Cutoff anymore.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
MFXxx wrote:By manually setting up midi assignment in the midi table, the midi assignment works.

There are two kinds of automation you can record, MIDI CC automation and parameter automation.
If you assign a CC to a parameter and then use that CC to record automation, you are effectively only recording the CC movement, but not the plugin parameter movement itself. This will be recorded inside the MIDI clip in Cubase, and you have to record-enable the track and also press record in the transport bar for this to work.

Then there is plugin parameter automation. For this, you simply enable the write automation by pressing the 'w'. Then when the host plays, you move the plugin parameter with your mouse to record that automation on a lane in the main Cubase window (no need to press record on the transport bar).

This is the standard way this works in Cubase, afair. I also tried it with some plugins from other developers, it works the same way in every plugin.
I would actually recommend recording parameter automation over recording CC automation.
Because if you ever change the CC assignments in the plugin, your projects won't sound the same again. E.g. if you usually use CC 21 to control Filter Cutoff, and only record the CC movements, but at some point change your CC assignment for Cutoff to CC 22, then the recorded CC automation won't control Cutoff anymore.
Thanks Tas. Yep you are confirming what I thought. I always use parameter automation (using the GUI knobs or assigning a midi controller to that knob).

I dont think that the parameter automation is working with Repor1 in Cubase. Ill drop uhe a bug report and take it from there.

Cheers for the detailed response, really helpful.

MFXxx wrote:I dont think that the parameter automation is working with Repor1 in Cubase. Ill drop uhe a bug report and take it from there.
As Tas said, it works the same way in every plug-in, which includes Repro-1. It just works, double checked with our Cubase users.

Hi Urs thanks for dropping in, I haven't dropper a support ticket yet. Is this confirmed with the VST3. Ill try a fresh project just in case something got tweaked inadvertently during the project workflow.

Thanks

M

MFXxx wrote:Hi Urs thanks for dropping in, I haven't dropper a support ticket yet. Is this confirmed with the VST3. Ill try a fresh project just in case something got tweaked inadvertently during the project workflow.
In VST3, parameter automation works. Only MIDI learn does not, but it is possible to manually add MIDI assignments to the list, or use MIDI Learn with VST2 (the assignment of which then is available in VST3 as well)

Return to “u-he”