ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone Now Shipping

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can check the cost of shipping to your cart as it will be calculated based on your location. I'm not aware of the extra fees and such that may be leveraged by couriers but I'll relay that to the team who may be more familiar with that sort of thing and any potential options for the future.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You can check the cost of shipping to your cart as it will be calculated based on your location. I'm not aware of the extra fees and such that may be leveraged by couriers but I'll relay that to the team who may be more familiar with that sort of thing and any potential options for the future.
Thanks, Peter. Yeah I just checked and it will be a whopping $45 for shipping making the total $114 U.S which is about $150 CAD and seeing it is a courier, add another $30 or so for their ripoff scam called "brokerage fees"..most likely topping $200 CAD for it so, sorry no.

I know Long and McQuade do sell your gear so if the handle it at a later date, I would wait and get it that way. Do you know if it will be available in stores at a later date?

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You can check the cost of shipping to your cart as it will be calculated based on your location. I'm not aware of the extra fees and such that may be leveraged by couriers but I'll relay that to the team who may be more familiar with that sort of thing and any potential options for the future.
Thanks, Peter. Yeah I just checked and it will be a whopping $45 for shipping making the total $114 U.S which is about $150 CAD and seeing it is a courier, add another $30 or so for their ripoff scam called "brokerage fees"..most likely topping $200 CAD for it so, sorry no.

I know Long and McQuade do sell your gear so if the handle it at a later date, I would wait and get it that way. Do you know if it will be available in stores at a later date?
I'll send these particulars over to the folks that handle Canada. I do appreciate the information and while I'm told the mics won't be available at dealers even in the future (though of course I guess "never say never" should apply here) I'll mention that it is a blocker for you in this case so they at least have some context to this. Thank you for this information.

Compyfox wrote:I don't remember a Car Radio, but definitely crap PC speakers... Barely used this feature - only ever so often due to the long load times and sometimes irritating audio results. But it's good to cross check for "lack of bass" indeed.

You do need to get used to the "altered sound" with ARC however - which is why I'm annoyed that this still isn't on a driver/wrapper level - especially if you use your computer for more than just songwriting/engineering.
I got round this by using a media player that supported VST plugins but that was a while back and I cannot remember which it was.

Hi Peter. I am another Canadian and echo the comments made about shipping and brokerage. I own Arc 2.x so I would only need the new Mems microphone. If I could get it in Canada from Long and McQuade that would be the best option.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:

I'll send these particulars over to the folks that handle Canada. I do appreciate the information and while I'm told the mics won't be available at dealers even in the future (though of course I guess "never say never" should apply here) I'll mention that it is a blocker for you in this case so they at least have some context to this. Thank you for this information.

Scotty wrote:Hi Peter. I am another Canadian and echo the comments made about shipping and brokerage. I own Arc 2.x so I would only need the new Mems microphone. If I could get it in Canada from Long and McQuade that would be the best option.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:

+1 for L&M! :tu:
-1000 for "brokerage fees" :x

Keith99 wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I don't remember a Car Radio, but definitely crap PC speakers... Barely used this feature - only ever so often due to the long load times and sometimes irritating audio results. But it's good to cross check for "lack of bass" indeed.

You do need to get used to the "altered sound" with ARC however - which is why I'm annoyed that this still isn't on a driver/wrapper level - especially if you use your computer for more than just songwriting/engineering.
I got round this by using a media player that supported VST plugins but that was a while back and I cannot remember which it was.
Winamp? That one does have VST support.

yep that was it :)

Keith99 wrote:

I use VSTHost together with Asio Link to route everything trough ARC. (with a gate in front)
Have set up 2 routes, 1 for Windows audio and 1 for ASIO.
With the ASIO one I keep the 1/2 outputs clean & routed to headphones (for bouncing) and ARC on the 3/4's.
In my DAW (Reaper in this case) I set a 2nd output to 3/4 which is then corrected.

Set and forget.

Just a note that ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone is now shipping

Hi, Peter!

Any news to upgrade ARC 2 Measurement tool to 64 Bit?
Today it`s still not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina yet...

Don't get your hopes on. You will be told that the team is probably working on and just in case you will be directed to the support.

Predicted scenario:

IK Multimedia will release a paid upgrade to v3 some time in the future (near or far) and abandon v2.5 users without having Catalina support.

I really hope ill be proven wrong, because i want to like IKM.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:46 am
Predicted scenario:

IK Multimedia will release a paid upgrade to v3 some time in the future (near or far) and abandon v2.5 users without having Catalina support.
I hope this forecast doesn't come true. :dog:

Saw wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:46 am
Predicted scenario:

I hope this forecast doesn't come true. :dog:
I hope so too, but this kind of scenario happened with Sampletank 2.5 users asking for 64bit version if i remember right.

Hopefully Peter will come and give us a balanced answer.

Return to “Effects”