Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

BojanKerkez wrote:Here is my attempt at skinning v2 Charlatan. Yes, it is a sort of a joke, but I still like the result.

If anyone else likes it, the link for the PNG file is in the screenshot.
I would like to add this other beautiful skin to the zip file... but the link is now dead. Bojan, if you agree, could you reupload your PNG background?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ok, I have it now. I'm going to add it to the zip file.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Done. The file is now named "Charlatan_2.0_with_several_background.zip" and it contains:
  1. The original skin
  2. The Darkpulse2 skin without wooden sides
  3. The Darkpulse2 skin with the wooden sides
  4. The skin from Bojan Derkez
It is here:
http://hsjp.eu/mao/freeware/Charlatan_2 ... rounds.zip

CHARLATAN LICENSE

3. MODIFYING

Modifying your copy or copies of the program or any portion of it in any
way is prohibited.

swatwork wrote:
CHARLATAN LICENSE

3. MODIFYING

way is prohibited.
Yes. But we have asked, here in the forum, if Karrikuh agrees for the distribution of skins. All which is made here is totally visible for him. As I wrote, if karrikuh (who is reader of this thread, he is even the OP writer) disagrees, we shall immediately remove the files. There is no attempt to harm the plugin nor to harm Karrikuh nor to steal any of his code nor anything such as these. Only to make his lovers enjoy yet better his synth. It is obvious that when a community is active around a synth to make it being yet better enjoyed, the developer is generally happy to see that activity around his synth. So as I wrote already several times, everything here is visible for Karrikuh, everything here is made in a positive mind for him and for his work with a lot of respect for his work and a lot of respect for himself... and also as I wrote already several times if he disagrees in these creations of skins, he is perfectly able to ask himself for the removal of these files without seeing some people rising themselves to the grade of lawyers while he didn't ask them to be lawyers for him.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlackWinny wrote:I would like to add this other beautiful skin to the zip file... but the link is now dead. Bojan, if you agree, could you reupload your PNG background?
I reckon you managed to download it after all, but here's a slightly modified version that makes it clearer that this is a Jackson Pollock inspired skin.
Clicking on the screenshot should open a PNG resource file in a new window.

BojanKerkez wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:I would like to add this other beautiful skin to the zip file... but the link is now dead. Bojan, if you agree, could you reupload your PNG background?
I reckon you managed to download it after all, but here's a slightly modified version that makes it clearer that this is a Jackson Pollock inspired skin.
Clicking on the screenshot should open a PNG resource file in a new window.

Ok, Bojan. I put it in the zip file in replacement of the old one. For me it's a question of just a few minutes.
:)

EDIT: Done.

Jacques

BlackWinny wrote:Done. The file is now named "Charlatan_2.0_with_several_background.zip" and it contains:
  1. The original skin
  2. The Darkpulse2 skin without wooden sides
  3. The Darkpulse2 skin with the wooden sides
  4. The skin from Bojan Derkez
It is here:
http://hsjp.eu/mao/freeware/Charlatan_2 ... rounds.zip
Wow! Thanks for doing the work and making it easy for the rest of us, Black Winny! :hail:

BlackWinny wrote:
swatwork wrote:
CHARLATAN LICENSE

3. MODIFYING

way is prohibited.
Yes. But we have asked, here in the forum, if Karrikuh agrees for the distribution of skins. All which is made here is totally visible for him. As I wrote, if karrikuh (who is reader of this thread, he is even the OP writer) disagrees, we shall immediately remove the files. There is no attempt to harm the plugin nor to harm Karrikuh nor to steal any of his code nor anything such as these. Only to make his lovers enjoy yet better his synth. It is obvious that when a community is active around a synth to make it being yet better enjoyed, the developer is generally happy to see that activity around his synth. So as I wrote already several times, everything here is visible for Karrikuh, everything here is made in a positive mind for him and for his work with a lot of respect for his work and a lot of respect for himself... and also as I wrote already several times if he disagrees in these creations of skins, he is perfectly able to ask himself for the removal of these files without seeing some people rising themselves to the grade of lawyers while he didn't ask them to be lawyers for him.
OK, there's no need to get nasty, I'm just re-airing an issue that was raised during the 1.x development cycle for this plugin (perhaps you should have stuck to the response you had before you edited it).

I agree that the dev was a bit contradictory on this matter during the version 1.x development period and stated a number of times that he was OK with skinning but was never very enthusiatic about supporting it, adding a don't modify clause to the license while permitting skinning in an FAQ.

However, that was a number of years and a new version ago. The FAQ has since disappeared but the license clause remains.

A freeware license is no less serious than a commercial one and until you have explicit permission from the dev you're on shaky ground - it's not good enough to say "well he hasn't told me I can't" when there is a license clause stating exactly that.

Now no ones's talking about 'legal action' or lawyers or whatever, the license is significant for this reason: in the absence of the developer it's the only indication we have of their wishes and it would be nice, for once, for you to show a little bit of respect and not ride rough-shod over these niceties because you 'wants teh free stuff'.

Thanks BlackWinny :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Playing around in Paint.net and came up with this...

If anyone wants it, here''s the link...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh9555rd4w23j ... n.zip?dl=0

It's a .res file - use Resource Hacker to install.

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

8)

swatwork wrote:OK, there's no need to get nasty, I'm just re-airing an issue that was raised during the 1.x development cycle for this plugin (perhaps you should have stuck to the response you had before you edited it).

I agree that the dev was a bit contradictory on this matter during the version 1.x development period and stated a number of times that he was OK with skinning but was never very enthusiatic about supporting it, adding a don't modify clause to the license while permitting skinning in an FAQ.

However, that was a number of years and a new version ago. The FAQ has since disappeared but the license clause remains.

A freeware license is no less serious than a commercial one and until you have explicit permission from the dev you're on shaky ground - it's not good enough to say "well he hasn't told me I can't" when there is a license clause stating exactly that.

Now no ones's talking about 'legal action' or lawyers or whatever, the license is significant for this reason: in the absence of the developer it's the only indication we have of their wishes and it would be nice, for once, for you to show a little bit of respect and not ride rough-shod over these niceties because you 'wants teh free stuff'.
Good point, well made. Promptly ignored. :(

is this synth still being developed?
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:is this synth still being developed?
Only Karrikuh can tell.

What we can tell is that his last post on this thread was this one in June 2015 and that his last information about a release was this one a few hours before.

Karrikuh can easily tell (if he wants) given that despite his absence since these days in this thread he is yet active on KVR on other threads.
:)

Can I load my own wavetables? :roll:

Return to “Instruments”