Studio one channel EQ

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Studio One come with inbuilt channel EQ or basic LP/HP filters at least like say Cubase or Samplitude?

Seems a waste of CPU adding it's own ProEQ plugin to each channel for basic high pass filtering to clean up a low end on majority of channels for instance.

Cheers

Coxy wrote:Does Studio One come with inbuilt channel EQ or basic LP/HP filters at least like say Cubase or Samplitude?

Seems a waste of CPU adding it's own ProEQ plugin to each channel for basic high pass filtering to clean up a low end on majority of channels for instance.

Cheers
Why would it be a waste of CPU power?

Even if it had a channel EQ, which it doesn't you would still have to turn on a high pass or low pass as in just about all host's out as it is.

Same in Pro EQ just turn on what you need and leave the others off. The channel strip is also available for basic EQ duties as well as the Fat Channel which in it's new form is customizable and quite handy.

I myself don't EQ on every channel so the way Studio One works is alright without the extra bloat of a bulit in track EQ. Others may feel that a necessity but in use it really doesn' t matter that much unless you need it all the time as the song is produced. EQ to me is more for the mixing stage, for making room in a mix or correction purposes.

It's also just as easy to set up a template with the EQ of your choice set in the tracks beforehand.

So many ways and so little time but not a big issue as far as I can see.

CTStump wrote:
Coxy wrote:Does Studio One come with inbuilt channel EQ or basic LP/HP filters at least like say Cubase or Samplitude?

Cheers
Why would it be a waste of CPU power?

Even if it had a channel EQ, which it doesn't you would still have to turn on a high pass or low pass as in just about all host's out as it is.

Same in Pro EQ just turn on what you need and leave the others off. The channel strip is also available for basic EQ duties as well as the Fat Channel which in it's new form is customizable and quite handy.

I myself don't EQ on every channel so the way Studio One works is alright without the extra bloat of a bulit in track EQ. Others may feel that a necessity but in use it really doesn' t matter that much unless you need it all the time as the song is produced. EQ to me is more for the mixing stage, for making room in a mix or correction purposes.

It's also just as easy to set up a template with the EQ of your choice set in the tracks beforehand.

So many ways and so little time but not a big issue as far as I can see.
So it's a no then.

Thanks.

CTStump wrote:Why would it be a waste of CPU power?
It wouldn't be since only one band would be turned on. Make a 80 hz HP EQ preset and when you need HP drop it on all selected channels in one go.

LawrenceF wrote:
CTStump wrote:Why would it be a waste of CPU power?
It wouldn't be since only one band would be turned on. Make a 80 hz HP EQ preset and when you need HP drop it on all selected channels in one go.
That was the point that I was getting at. Even Cubase with in built EQ you have to turn on bands which use CPU. Same with Pro EQ you turn on the lo shelf or hi shelf and leave the middle bands off or on for that matter.

The CPU use would be about same in both host's. Studio One Pro Eq is pretty efficient on cycles in one project at 32bit I had 30 instances and the CPU meter held below 40%. Thats with a few VSTi's, some copressors and Room Reverb.

As I read the OP's reply though I think he only wanted a one word yes or no answer instead of a conversation about Studio One's vertues or handicaps.

Welcome to the Interwebz where there are very few answers limited to one word.....unless it's in the form of an emoticon. :dog:

Cheers
Don't worry about them, I know what you mean. Can't answer your question as I haven't used the product in a long time.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”