Waves SSL E-Channel for just $29!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simon.a.billington wrote:
Den* wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Den* wrote:Perhaps someone could hear the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMUaxrXdVuU
I was going to post this earlier, but it's a little slow. Whatever differences are there, it's certainly not night and day to me.
Hi
It depends on your listening equipment and room.
The best way to make a decision is to take demo of Acustica Audio Sand plugin, and Waves E/Channel demo.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189
And not just that.

Listening to how it sounds on drums or a voice in isolation won't tell you much, you really must drop it in a mix, several if you can. See if it helps either speed things up for you or produce a better overall mix.

If not maybe it's not the plugin for you, but you should try it out again to make sure you weren't just having an off day or it was a harder than normal mix.

These kind of tests is what really matters. Everything sounds better in isolation, so it doesn't really tell you much.
Oh, yes exactly.

1wob2many wrote: What's even more mysterious to me is the comments following this from people who don't have a problem with Waves Central. :o :o

Seriously, you folks don't mind that you have no control over what it installs and where? Or that files are scattered willy-nilly across your hard disk? Or if you want to update one plug-in, you have to update all of them? Or that if you want to uninstall one plug-in, you have to uninstall the lot and re-install the ones you want to keep? (Yes, you did read that correctly - http://www.waves.com/support/uninstall-waves-products).

None of this bothers you? Really?

Waves Central is a malignant tumour in software form. It is the essence of evil distilled into 0s and 1s. A fresh demon is spawned from Satan's arse every time it is run.
I have never had much problems with Waves Central. There's been couple of minor glitches occasionally like download not completing on first try or similar. Nothing serious though.

Of course this does not mean that I like it. I hate all those software centrals and always prefer simple offline installers more. Waves Central seems to be rather bloated with with its 200mb install, and there's definitely some important features missing like ability to set install folder location.

Then again, I think, they are one of the few companies who have a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins. It actually makes sense in their case as the old offline installers were growing quite big. And compared to some others it's definitely one of the better ones.
No signature here!

Waves have updated their Sale. The E-Channel went back into the bundle, but the single version should still be available at some third party resellers.

robotmonkey wrote:
I have never had much problems with Waves Central. There's been couple of minor glitches occasionally like download not completing on first try or similar. Nothing serious though.

Of course this does not mean that I like it. I hate all those software centrals and always prefer simple offline installers more. Waves Central seems to be rather bloated with with its 200mb install, and there's definitely some important features missing like ability to set install folder location.

Then again, I think, they are one of the few companies who have a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins. It actually makes sense in their case as the old offline installers were growing quite big. And compared to some others it's definitely one of the better ones.
Waves have no more of "a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins" than any other company. Why should I be lumbered with the crushing weight of the Waves legacy if I only want to install one plug-in?*

Compared to the others I have used, it is by a long, long way the worst. But, then again that's just my experience. But then you could probably guess that from my post. :hihi:

*Hint: rhetorical question. :wink:

1wob2many wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:

Waves have no more of "a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins" than any other company. Why should I be lumbered with the crushing weight of the Waves legacy if I only want to install one plug-in?*

Compared to the others I have used, it is by a long, long way the worst. But, then again that's just my experience. But then you could probably guess that from my post. :hihi:

that's exactly why they have Waves Central: so that you don't have to download the entire f**king plugin library of Waves just to install one plugin.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

krabbencutter wrote:Waves have updated their Sale. The E-Channel went back into the bundle, but the single version should still be available at some third party resellers.
Awesome! It's great when the temptation goes away like that. They've also killed the DK39S coupon so I can stop thinking about buying the new panner as well.

Now if this IK thing would just finally hurry up and finish I can forget that I want to have mic room even though I have absolutely no need for it.

Burillo wrote:
1wob2many wrote: Waves have no more of "a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins" than any other company. Why should I be lumbered with the crushing weight of the Waves legacy if I only want to install one plug-in?*

that's exactly why they have Waves Central: so that you don't have to download the entire f**king plugin library of Waves just to install one plugin.
There's always somebody that will come along and answer a rhetorical question.

And designing Waves Central the way it is, is not the only solution to them having a large back catalogue of plug-ins

Waves SSL E-Channel is now discontinued.

Waves SSL E-Channel is now discontinued.
Pardon?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:Pardon?
Not sold separately anymore. This was temporary.

1wob2many wrote:
Waves have no more of "a right to have a software central as they have so many plugins" than any other company. Why should I be lumbered with the crushing weight of the Waves legacy if I only want to install one plug-in?
<...>
There's always somebody that will come along and answer a rhetorical question.
well apparently you have no idea how to use rhethorical questions as literary devices then, because for this "rhethorical question" to actually make any sort of sense, your post shouldn't have been reading like Waves Central isn't a solution to the problem you've outlined. that's what rhethorical questions are for.
1wob2many wrote:And designing Waves Central the way it is, is not the only solution to them having a large back catalogue of plug-ins
OK, what are the alternatives, assuming the silly "solutions" like "have less plugins" are out the window?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I remember life before Waves Central.

Download the 4GB Waves V9 Installer. Run the installer. Uncheck all plugins. Enable the few I have... and wait a while to install them.

Waves Central is so much better. But I will not install demos again since it has no individual plugin uninstall feature. That sucks.

Who the hell still uses Waves products? OMG!

martinjuenke wrote:Who the hell still uses Waves products? OMG!
People with disposable income and deficient critical thinking skills, maybe.

BRBWaffles wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Who the hell still uses Waves products? OMG!
People with disposable income and deficient critical thinking skills, maybe.
Yeah, them ... along with people producing top tier music and getting paid well for it. :tu:
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Effects”