Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

+1
As SLiC, babel2 and some other users said, the browser is dead space when sound designing, maybe a good place to move the mod matrix is there (that could be a global option for people that wouldn't like the change though)...

Hello,

Maybe I've missed something, but I can't change/assign filter types to a midi controller or to Avenger macro knobs. Not sure if it is a design flaw or just an oversight by the Avenger developers.

Cutoff, Resonance and Filter Types and something I do most change/control by my midi controllers as I tend to use soft synthesizers for sound design.

Wondering if some VP officials can shed some light on this.

Avenger is for sure a great VSTi, I hope this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Here, a kind of granular technik with avenger
https://soundcloud.com/kokotteonline/drum-destruction
one note press

changing filtertypes will not work via modulation or external midi. This is no bug. We have so many filtertypes, that moving a hardware knob just a little bit will jump 2 or 3 types. Furthermore it will produce clicks. And furthermore we could not add new filtertypes, since then your automation wont be the same. Nope, sorry

double post

When will the new update or beta test of granular synthesis be launched?

Another vote for mod matrix covering browser section here. Covering the filter/shaper would be a big loss to my workflow, as I'm actively using that section in conjunction with the mod matrix a lot.

msvs wrote:We have so many filtertypes
Exactly the reason why I'm asking... :( :help:

I got your point. Although we can use midi controllers with adaptable resolution, I guess there's should not be a problem - unless you add more than 127 filter types?

I got your point. Although we can use midi controllers with adaptable resolution, I guess there's should not be a problem - unless you add more than 127 filter types?
yes, but it would be a mess to find something, lets assume you want to switch from the ANA LP24 filter to the Special Talkbox filter. With the mouse you just select it. With a knob you have to manually scroll through all of them until you find it
When will the new update or beta test of granular synthesis be launched?
very very soon. Its basically done

Are there going to be new presets with the granula synthesis added

yes... at least 200 new granular samples will be for free... added into your factory lib.
we will also release a dedicated Granular Expansion with the update which will contain over 500 new Granular samples and 128 Granular synthesis Presets

(ps you can import your own Granular samples simply by Drag&Drop)

msvs wrote:yes... at least 200 new granular samples will be for free... added into your factory lib.
we will also release a dedicated Granular Expansion with the update which will contain over 500 new Granular samples and 128 Granular synthesis Presets

(ps you can import your own Granular samples simply by Drag&Drop)
Will you be able to create your own granular samples?

what do you mean? Record the Microphone Input or your sequencer? We are talking about samples, right... how should Avenger assist you in recording samples?

msvs wrote: We have so many filtertypes, that moving a hardware knob just a little bit will jump 2 or 3 types.
Looking at the communication history, I think that we maybe misunderstand each other a bit.

To change filter types or, OSC shapes, I'm using a midi controller with 2 rows of a programmable buttons. (Novation ZeRO).

I can set the INC and DESC values. So every time when I click the upper button - it adds + and lower ones decrease the value. In that way, I can step through the available filter types and create sounds by experimentation. If I need to take the hand off the midi keyboard and grab the mouse to click and browse through several sub-pages just to change the filter type interrupts my workflow. For me, it kills the experimental creativity aspect in sound design.

Btw, it is a common trend among VSTi developers to allow filter type control by midi controllers. Many of your friends in the industry have adopted that logic in an effort to facilitate the use of their GUI based VSTi's.

My point: I'm trying to minimize the usage of mouse as much as possible.

Sorry if I was unclear in my previous posts.

I can not wait for the realease day. Are you going to make a video on how to use this new synthesis on avenger

Return to “Instruments”