Applied Acoustics

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They've got their summer sale going on now:

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/

They've got some pretty nice stuff.

Their Ultra Analog is beautiful. I use is quite often for my music and enjoy just playing it.

Side note: if Richard Devine literally shows up everywhere and endorses a product, are any of them worth endorsing?

functionform wrote:Side note: if Richard Devine literally shows up everywhere and endorses a product, are any of them worth endorsing?
Richard Devine is not "endorsing" anything, AAS sells his presets, it is his own work.

BTW I find Devine's AAS presets are quite good!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Tassman 4 is still 32bit only for OSX and uses bit bridge :x

Tassman is the clunker of the bunch, as far as useablility goes. It's a great synth, but sadly in need of updating.

felis wrote:Tassman is the clunker of the bunch
Ha, ha! So true. I really love the sound, but there's officially no hope on the horizon for an update. The rest have been updated and are easy to program once you rtfm to understand PM.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:
felis wrote:Tassman is the clunker of the bunch
Ha, ha! So true. I really love the sound, but there's officially no hope on the horizon for an update.
I can see it. :party:
According to WWDC 2017 32bit support should be dropped starting from OSX 10.14

ultra-analog is certainly very good

but i dunno maybe its bug but sometimes i get lost and seems OSC 2 stops getting affected by the knobs

Fortunately if u have had swatches for a long time and have had patience you've pretty much got all the Sound-banks that have been free during Xmass

they can be loaded in ultra-analogue to be further editing

one thing i don't like is the Arp Step SeQ ...u cannot Save the Patterns independently of the Sound preset
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I like Ultra Analogue...for it's simple and logical layout and it does have a fun sort of hands-on-rompler quality to it.I also like the unique merging of string modeling and synthesis...but there is nothing "Ultra" about the analog end of things.
I had seriously considered buying it since it's on sale(just to have it in my collection,for when I am in the mood to tinker with it)...but really,there is nothing in any of the presets that blows me away and when I decided to take advantage of LennarDigital's Sylenth1 payment plan I then thought...why in the bloody hell,would I want AAS's Ultra Analog :?: ...when in fact,Sylenth1 is truly the ultimate in Analog(in my opinion)...as virtually every preset in Sylenth1 is amazingly inspiring.

it's just a different vibe, UA-1 has fixed routing and sylenth has a mod matrix.
for me with a control surface, it has an advantage, but sylenth does sound better. that's what it was designed to do - sound closer to the well known like-a-record sound than these older vst's like UA, z3ta+ and such.

String Studio 2 and Chromaphone 2.
Brilliant stuff!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I wanted to upgrade my string studiov1 to v2 but just realized that both my account info and password are lost due to me backing up windows10 on the usb that I had saved them to without realizing that creating a system boot on the usb would delete everything on it.
Lost a lot more too.
Oh well... :cry:

AAS Strum GS-2 is cool, and handy to have as well.

Return to “Instruments”