Novation Launch Control XL for bitwig and cubase? (nope, went apc40 )

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I decided to start another thread because I don't seem to be able to get much info on this.

Here's what I want:

-something to fiddle with filters and such that is independent of my two other controllers (launchpad pro, nektar lx 61) I don't want to change those knobs, and I don't necessarily want to have a permanent template. But....

-I want to make templates for certain synths and such to do specific things too.

-I'd also like to use the buttons for specific tasks (like maybe an F key would on a keyboard) for regularly desired uses.

Most controllers are really chinsy. My launchpad pro is pretty slick and the drivers work, so I have a tendency to trust them more than say korg which I've had terrible luck with.

Thoughts? Thanks :)
Last edited by incubus on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nothing hun?

Man, shit is limited about this, surprising.

Well, I hate ordering it and then if it's lame having to ship it back and they are not in our local stores.

I recently had the "little brother", the Launch Control non-XL here, and, found the build quality quite ok. Nothing i could criticize really. The knbos felt good, they're non-endless BTW, and the whole thing felt pretty solid too. Why not just go for it? I'm pretty sure it does what you want it to do. Should be easy enough, if your plugins, and your DAW support MIDI learn. You can also map the whole Launch Control's controls to whatever MIDI CC you like with the included software, of course. The Launch Control is pretty Ableton oriented though, e.g. the fancy colours on the pads only work when in Ableton Live. At least on the small one.

Thanks.

chk071 wrote:I recently had the "little brother", the Launch Control non-XL here, and, found the build quality quite ok. Nothing i could criticize really. The knbos felt good, they're non-endless BTW, and the whole thing felt pretty solid too. Why not just go for it? I'm pretty sure it does what you want it to do. Should be easy enough, if your plugins, and your DAW support MIDI learn. You can also map the whole Launch Control's controls to whatever MIDI CC you like with the included software, of course. The Launch Control is pretty Ableton oriented though, e.g. the fancy colours on the pads only work when in Ableton Live. At least on the small one.
I also have the Launch Control and I agree with these comments. Good controller.

Well, I wanted something with knobs and faders for funky stuff. Looking closer, seems it's "pre" setup for pan/send/volume under mackie control/hui (or whatever that is) which is going to be cumbersome for the xl. So that's out.

They do seem a little too live oriented.

I'll keep taking suggestions for now, but I'm back to being disappointed and frustrated about how many options there are, and the fact that there is really very little info outside of one specific host (usually live)

I went full throttle and got the apc40. Reasons:

It's in stock here :hihi:
24 mo no interest financing (but it will be paid off in a couple of months)
really beautiful knobs :love:
Works tits with bitwig (and good enough for cubase)
Functions with bitwig that I didn't currently have

Yeah, it's expensive. But I'm on borrowed time, f**k 'em. ;)

I guess I'll lock this, since it's not a thing.

Just to let you know, for bitwig, this is remarkable. It's not "perfect" but even though it's expensive it's a terrific compliment.

For cubase, it's just what I wanted, used thing for knob tweaks and such.

Cheers!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”