Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

No need for the defense. Its just Falcon comes with 70+ effects, Avenger as well as others, many Macros and routing capabilities. There absolutely should be performance parameters assigned but thats not the case. Every patch created should be able to change sonically to at least one other sound, using given macros or performance parameters.

Wavegem wrote:No need for the defense. Its just Falcon comes with 70+ effects, Avenger as well as others, many Macros and routing capabilities. There absolutely should be performance parameters assigned but thats not the case. Every patch created should be able to change sonically to at least one other sound, using given macros or performance parameters.
And tell me, just who makes these rules? When I'm looking for a pad, I don't need it to be able to convert to a roto tom. Now, some synths, like with Falcon, I did make a lot of split keyboards but basic stuff like bass and lead or pad and lead.

There is a difference between having a "preference" and saying that something "must" be a certain way because obviously, not everybody agrees.

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:First, i told you not to take offense and second i told you i think it's fine what you do. And ofcourse there is a market for it. However, my personal opinion about the differences between your presets and those from Howard Scarr (as an example) make me think/believe yours are a bit on the higher side of pricing. That's all.

And this is ofcourse very subjective.

This: "In fact, I don't know of any synth off the top of my head that can truly make "classic" chiptune sounds." <--- seriously? And you make presets? :dog:
You do know what the early Chiptune sounds were made with, right? The chip in the C64 is very specific and has a very specific sound. You can't duplicate it exactly with any soft synth that I know of. A fair approximation? Maybe. But to me, and again, this is just MY opinion, you're not getting classic C64 chiptune sounds out of a soft synth unless there's been one specifically designed with that chip inside. And if there is, I have no desire to get it as I have no desire to make C64 chiptune sounds.

Hope we're clear now that you've had your little poke at my knowledge and abilities.

Damn I hate this place.
well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7UfjuXGhxI

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:First, i told you not to take offense and second i told you i think it's fine what you do. And ofcourse there is a market for it. However, my personal opinion about the differences between your presets and those from Howard Scarr (as an example) make me think/believe yours are a bit on the higher side of pricing. That's all.

And this is ofcourse very subjective.

This: "In fact, I don't know of any synth off the top of my head that can truly make "classic" chiptune sounds." <--- seriously? And you make presets? :dog:
You do know what the early Chiptune sounds were made with, right? The chip in the C64 is very specific and has a very specific sound. You can't duplicate it exactly with any soft synth that I know of. A fair approximation? Maybe. But to me, and again, this is just MY opinion, you're not getting classic C64 chiptune sounds out of a soft synth unless there's been one specifically designed with that chip inside. And if there is, I have no desire to get it as I have no desire to make C64 chiptune sounds.

Hope we're clear now that you've had your little poke at my knowledge and abilities.

Damn I hate this place.
well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7UfjuXGhxI
Not even close to authentic sounding. Go listen to a C64 and you'll understand.

Made with C64s. You don't get this sound out of Massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbNiWmiJx2w

wagtunes wrote: Well guess what? Out of 48 libraries, Avenger is my 6th best seller behind only...

Serum
Softube Modular
Falcon
Omnisphere
Zebra 2

So take that. :P
I'm not interested in the number of sound sets you have, nor that Avenger is your sixth best soundset sold (you may have sold 5 or 50, I'm not interested).

To what I am going is that for my taste your sound sets are too expensive since they are very basic. Do not take it wrong, it's just my opinion and I'm glad you're successful in what you do

goleat wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Well guess what? Out of 48 libraries, Avenger is my 6th best seller behind only...

Serum
Softube Modular
Falcon
Omnisphere
Zebra 2

So take that. :P
I'm not interested in the number of sound sets you have, nor that Avenger is your sixth best soundset sold (you may have sold 5 or 50, I'm not interested).

To what I am going is that for my taste your sound sets are too expensive since they are very basic. Do not take it wrong, it's just my opinion and I'm glad you're successful in what you do
Well, YOUR opinion means NOTHING to me.

So how do you like THAT?

Let me tell you about opinions folks. Rolling Stone voted this one of the top 20 most annoying songs of all time. Well, it was a monster hit and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

So you know what you can do with your opinions.

wagtunes wrote:Made with C64s. You don't get this sound out of Massive.

hahaha...you must be joking..It is getting real silly with you Wag... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Made with C64s. You don't get this sound out of Massive.

hahaha...you must be joking..It is getting real silly with you Wag... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
No, I'm not joking. You're not getting a C64 chip sound out of a soft synth or any synth unless you have a C64 chip inside.

Sorry you can't hear the difference.

Hey kids, this is the Avenger thread, not the chiptune arguing kindergarden thread.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Hey kids, this is the Avenger thread, not the chiptune arguing kindergarden thread.
Sorry dad. LOL.

I'm outa here folks. You can all get back to whatever you were doing.

** EDIT ** Oh Simon, did Ilya ever email you? He contacted me by mistake.

wagtunes wrote:[

No, unless he has a different name in real life.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

No other name. If you want, I'll PM you and forward you the email. If I can't find it, I still have his address as he's a customer of mine too.

wagtunes wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

No other name. If you want, I'll PM you and forward you the email. If I can't find it, I still have his address as he's a customer of mine too.
Naa, if it's important, he'll get in touch - thanks anyway.

Return to “Instruments”