Loudness Analyzer - Range

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
can anyone explain to me how to read the Range meter on MLoudnessAnalyzer? Specifically the number to the right, it doesn't seem to relate to what the meter is showing which is a range. Wouldn't it be more useful if the number was a measure of the range?
No Such Error | nosucherror.com

The number is the difference between the lowest and highest reading of loudness.
If a signal constantly stays at the sales loudness there will be no difference between the loudest and quietest parts therefore will have no dynamic range.
If a signal is jumping up and down the difference will be much bigger with a higher range.

Does that make sense?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hi jmg8,
thanks for the reply. I still don't get it!
In the image below the range looks to be about 9LU, where does 0.7 come from?

I see something similar: the coloured band is much bigger than the displayed numeric value. In fact, I cannot get the number to go above 0.7LU.

Also, which loudness range is it monitoring? Momentary, Short-term or Integrated? It looks like something close to Short-term to me.

PS Red in those meters is generally not good - turn the signal going into the plug-in down by about -10dB (the 'Gain' knob is the Output gain).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Cheers DarkStar,
it seems like a bug, the LRA in the image was definitely not 0.7LU.
The reason it's in the red is cos it's a mastered release (something from Exile on Main St). My mixes are way louder! :wink:
I have got in the habit of monitoring the loudness of everything coming out of my PC: MusicBee, VLC, YouTube, everything. I do this using VSTHost via Jack via VB ASIO Bridge. I was using ToneBoosters EBU meter and Dynameter but I've switched to MLoudnessAnalyzer cos it seems to do both.
Anyway, thanks for the input.

Oh, damn, the number is wrong indeed :o. And right now, after an update... well.. it will have to wait for the next one.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Fixed in 11.03.
Cheers Vojtech.

:tu:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”