Hexagon Sky (BOC, Tycho, Com Truise sounds)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hexagon Sky is a sample based plugin instrument inspired by the sound of Boards Of Canada, Com Truise, Lone and Tycho. The instrument plugin includes 101 preset sounds to choose from including genuine analog synthesizers tones, acoustic instruments sampled from public domain documentaries plus various pads, strings & ethereal atmospheres. Also included are sampled guitar, bell and electric piano sounds. In order to get a more lofi sound the plugin has a set of vinyl, cassette, VHS and tape noise background noise knobs. Two field recording oscillators feature various atmosphere from kids in a schoolyard to wolves howling in the night.

Audio demos:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... exagon-sky

Features:
  • 101 sounds inspired by Boards Of Canada, Tycho, Lone & Com Truise.
  • 4 sound layers engine for a rich, deep sound.
  • LFO depth & rate controls/destination and source selectors.
  • 4 background noise layers: Vinyl, VHS, Tape & Broken Cassette.
  • Individual output for each sound layers.
  • Sub oscillator.
  • Global reverb, pitch and velocity curve.
Price: 29.99$

For more information: Hexagon Sky
Last edited by SampleScience on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kontakt instrument being considered? I think you guys mentioned that you were making your other one into a kontakt instrument as well. Did that happen? Or even sfz if possible as it would be good to load in other things like Halion or falcon.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Kontakt instrument being considered? I think you guys mentioned that you were making your other one into a kontakt instrument as well. Did that happen? Or even sfz if possible as it would be good to load in other things like Halion or falcon.
Yes, Kontakt and Sfz are planned for the summer. The best for me would be to even provide Reason Combinators, Renoise instruments and Ableton Live Racks as well, but I don't think I'll have the time to cover all these format this year.

But Kontakt will be available for sure, I'm working on converting all my plugins to Kontakt & it's going well.

MusicTech review of Hexagon Sky, if you want to read their verdict,it's here:

http://www.musictech.net/2017/07/hexagon-sky-review/

I'd love to see a generic format that be loaded into different samplers. Sfz would cool. Then could be used in kontakt, falcon, Halion. Maybe bitwig and Ableton samplers, not sure.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'd love to see a generic format that be loaded into different samplers. Sfz would cool. Then could be used in kontakt, falcon, Halion. Maybe bitwig and Ableton samplers, not sure.
This is something I really want to do, but the main problem I face is that part of the sound design in embedded in the plugin's structure. This is not much of a problem with Kontakt, but for other formats it takes me awhile to learn how to recreate the sounds from the original product. I can always offer plain multi-format, but what you'll get will sound different from what is present in the demos. I'm currently working on this so eventually every library I sell will be available in the most used sample formats. It's easy to get carried away though, there's so much I can do with Ableton and Kontakt that both platforms, it's not like Maize where I know everything about it because it's way more limited.

Hexagon Sky has been updated to v1.2:

Linear ADSR for each sound layer
16 voices polyphony (more if you turn off some field rec layers or the sub)
macOS High Sierra stability issues fixed
Field recordings are now available as additional presets

Did the Kontakt version come out last summer as planned? I forgot about this.

Hexagon Sky v1.6 is now available for macOS El Capitan and up! It's available our my new website: https://www.samplescience.info/2020/12/hexagon-sky.html

As for the Kontakt version, I had a lot of trouble with Kontakt until I got a new computer, now it runs smoothly and I'm slowly releasing Kontakt instruments, the first one being CZ-Tronics: https://www.samplescience.info/2020/12/cz-tronics.html

Hi SampleScience,
I'm trying to send you a PM but it seems you've disabled your receipts.
How can I reach you? It's about a demo I've sent you a few years back.

cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 am Hi SampleScience,
Use the contact form on my website.

SampleScience wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:43 pm
cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 am Hi SampleScience,
Use the contact form on my website.
Hmm...I've sent you a message via the contact form two days ago. Did you get it?

Return to “Instruments”