What shall we do...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...with a drunken sailor?
Yep...it was inevitable so here it is...had a lot of fun filming since I didn't go for "fully serious"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ofo2KXM7I

It works for me, and I agree that it was certainly inevitable. Your voice is very well suited to these traditional/folk songs.

Good work :)

Thanks a lot!

I am capable of different styles of singing too but this is where I started. My fiancée convinced me to start singing along while she played "Hurt" (Johnny Cash's version) on the piano and from there it was a ton of "Schandmaul" covers and the usual suspects (Drunken Sailor, Whiskey In The Jar, Ghost Riders...etc.) and the first original songs were very close to Schandmaul too...there's a recording on YT of the first song...that I won't link here as it is horrible...

Nice to hear some "actually made music"..that is,in the traditional sense.I myself,don't actually make music...as I am more of a composer,than an instrumentalist(such as Hans Zimmer.)
I can play the keyboard(by ear)..but became tired with the whole band thing and have much preferred to be the "one-man-band" thing and just use VST's to create entire songs.
I really admire folk who perform with real instruments(especially those dedicated & talented enough to use all real instruments) and when I'm out at a venue,I want to be entertained by a real,full piece band(but at home,I really love the creative process of VST's in a DAW.)
Anyhow...your song is reminiscent of an old Ween album titled;"The Mollusk"...wherein there is a lot of seafaring songs.Bloody well done sir...enjoyed it to the full! Image

Thanks a lot!

Well...I've became tired by bands too. That got my channel started in the first place and evolved to include these acoustic songs. It is incredibly frustrating if you write an entire song, share it with your bandmates, tell them to practice it and/or change/redo their parts to their liking and then never actually play it in a finished form because there always somebody who didn't have the time, motivation or whatnot to actually be prepared. So I ended up doing it all by myself at home and release it this way. I'd love to get a band together for my original songs but apparently that'll take years...

btw.: I don't regard using vsts as "non real" or "not actually" making music. My signature is about the gear-nonsense we musicians get caught up in. If you don't know anything about music and instruments but still can play by ear and compose that's more than owning 20k worth of gear but not having started or even finished a single song in years...I enjoy trying new stuff too but there's a line between using gear and...just fiddling around

Return to “Music Cafe”