Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Well, I think Syntronik is very much the product it was promised to be. An exquisite sample set with that original "Drift" engine plus great effects, resulting in a vast, full sound. Very different from what Arturia, u-He or UVI deliver. Wouldn't want to be without this, certainly at the price IK is asking for this elaborate sonic canvas.

Fleer wrote:Well, I think Syntronik is very much the product it was promised to be. An exquisite sample set with that original "Drift" engine plus great effects, resulting in a vast, full sound. Very different from what Arturia, u-He or UVI deliver. Wouldn't want to be without this, certainly at the price IK is asking for this elaborate sonic canvas.
I agree, mainly because I can pull in everything from sampletank and create some very usable hybrid instruments. Alone Syntronik is good, with everything else in Sampletank, it is amazing.

For me: Fantastic sounds, terrible filters, and ok effects
However, the latter two things are mitigated for me by having a cracking filter VST (Cytomic's The Drop) and having decent alternatives to all the effects featured.

So yeah, I'm gonna use it as a great big sample pack of synth sounds that'll be modulated with all the other stuff I have ony my system :)

DarkStar wrote:^^^
That must be an Americanism? ;)
More like an extremely outdated nerdism. :hihi:

spacekid wrote:
fmr wrote: Another thing, that reminded me why I had put ST3 more or less aside. If we load a patch, we cannot change the sound (the sample set). At first I thought that this was because of Syntronic, but even if I load an instrument from the factory liobrary, or an imported one, I have the same problem. So, even in ST3, we can just "tweak" existing instruments - a really dumb thing. With a synth engine that is minimally competent, we should expect IK Multimedia to want users to aim more than just some dumb tweakings.

I am glad I passed on Syntronics. The sounds I loaded have nothing special, and the fact I cannot take advantage of them inside ST3, as I can with the UVI libraries inside Falcon is a BIG minus.

I guess they have to rethink ST3 from the ground up to allow for some serious editing from scratch.
Mine doesn't rescan. Sounds like a bug. You have Osc 2 in sampletank in the new drop down menu on the edit page, plus all the new filters are now in sampletank plus the effects. I've spent more time in sampletank with the new library then in Syntronik. It's almost all there minus the skin ..in edit.
I'm tired of debugging ST3 since it was launched. I wasted a lot of time previously with version 3.6, and the technical assistance didn't help (actually, it was me who teached them a way to solve the problem). Now this. It seems ST3 doesn't like my systems (yes, the problems appear in more then one) so I simply will return ST3 into oblivions until IK Multimedia come up with a decent working instrument.

Regarding the new things, yes, the new filters are there in a dropdown menu, and when I click in the sample dropdwon I have a selection of 1 or 2, but at the right (in the box named Element/Articulation, where I supposedly could choose the sample in use) I have no selection except what is loaded by the instrument.

So, this is a no go for me, until IK Multimedia allows me to choose whatever samples are there in the library from this menu, even if I load an empty instrument. This is the minimum to ask for, IMO (unless I am missing something, but if I am, I will gladly be enlightened)
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Could your AntiVirus be scanning the files?
I don't have any AV enabled and this drive also has my Kontakt libraries on it also. They load a little slow also. I'm checking for errors and attempting to repair bad sectors and if that doesn't work I might just throw a 1tB ssd in it. The drive is 5 years old.

Doc Brown wrote:
I don't have any AV enabled and this drive also has my Kontakt libraries on it also. They load a little slow also. I'm checking for errors and attempting to repair bad sectors and if that doesn't work I might just throw a 1tB ssd in it. The drive is 5 years old.
I noticed the sample sizes for different presets can vary from a few MB to several hundred MB.

So the larger ones will take a bit longer to load up.

I'm running a WD 1TB 7200 RPM SATA for samples with a benchmarked sequential read speed over 200MB/s. It's not too painful, but the bigger sounds do take me several seconds to load. The random read speed is only a fraction of that, so make sure you are defragging it.

You can test your HDD speeds with this free tool: http://crystalmark.info/software/Crysta ... dex-e.html
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Fleer wrote:Well, I think Syntronik is very much the product it was promised to be. An exquisite sample set with that original "Drift" engine plus great effects, resulting in a vast, full sound. Very different from what Arturia, u-He or UVI deliver. Wouldn't want to be without this, certainly at the price IK is asking for this elaborate sonic canvas.
+1 :tu:

zzz00m wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
I noticed the sample sizes for different presets can vary from a few MB to several hundred MB.

So the larger ones will take a bit longer to load up.

I'm running a WD 1TB 7200 RPM SATA for samples with a benchmarked sequential read speed over 200MB/s. It's not too painful, but the bigger sounds do take me several seconds to load. The random read speed is only a fraction of that, so make sure you are defragging it.

You can test your HDD speeds with this free tool: http://crystalmark.info/software/Crysta ... dex-e.html
Awesome. I appreciate the help. Downloading Crystal right now.

64 bit only?
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:64 bit only?
Yes, Syntronik is 64-bit only.

I was trying to download the free version to see what the hype is all about but the download speeds are real slow .....five hours? I have an account but either with or with out..... the download is slow (I have high speed) so I will pass cheers :phones:

traz wrote:I was trying to download the free version to see what the hype is all about but the download speeds are real slow .....five hours? I have an account but either with or with out..... the download is slow (I have high speed) so I will pass cheers :phones:
We use a CDN that has servers to serve the files quickly across the globe. I have been downloading Syntronik sound library installers today without issue and at fast speeds from a remote location (not that IK offices are not also remote, as we do not serve the files from our offices anyway). I would assume there's an issue somewhere between you and the servers. You may want to try the typical clear cache or try a different browser suggestions or restart the download to see if there was just some network issue between your location and the servers.

If the problem persists, you can reach out to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ or to your ISP. Thank you.

Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that lower octaves sound dull(er)?

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just learned about this synth.

/edit
Some presets do, some don't... :neutral:
Yes.

Return to “Instruments”