Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

Where are we with Windows for this? LOL.

From what dev said before, I don't think we'll see this on Windows until somewhere in 2018, possibly even second half...

chk071 wrote:
plexuss wrote:This track uses a lot of P900. all the classic synth sounds (pads, leads) are the P900. Very nice synth!

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/hallucinations
Really nice. :tu:
Thanks chk, I appreciate the feedback! :)

The lead synth on this is also P900
https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/grind

wagtunes wrote:Where are we with Windows for this? LOL.
Why u r not installing osx on your pc .

michaelbrac wrote:
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because I don't want anything to do with osx.

wagtunes wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:
... except Pulsar 900. And a few other plugins too from what I've read. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe consider a cheap mac like an old mini. Just get something updated enough to run 64 bit DAW and with enough power to run a heavy-load emulation you like, plus some headroom. I was doing music on a macbook pro 2.2Ghz i7 with a Geekbench 3/64 of around 9500. That was more than enough to do most of the tracks I do. I have sinced upgraded. But to run enough modern plugins to be interesting it could be 1/2 that speed. So looking at everymac.com you could go back to the 2011 Mac Mini which a Geekbench 3/64 of 5000. And you can run macOS 10.11 or the current .12 Sierra and be up to date. Looking on ebay sold listing they can be had for $200-300US. add a monitor, keyboard/mouse, free DAW, you're set! :wheee:

plexuss wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:
... except Pulsar 900. And a few other plugins too from what I've read. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe consider a cheap mac like an old mini. Just get something updated enough to run 64 bit DAW and with enough power to run a heavy-load emulation you like, plus some headroom. I was doing music on a macbook pro 2.2Ghz i7 with a Geekbench 3/64 of around 9500. That was more than enough to do most of the tracks I do. I have sinced upgraded. But to run enough modern plugins to be interesting it could be 1/2 that speed. So looking at everymac.com you could go back to the 2011 Mac Mini which a Geekbench 3/64 of 5000. And you can run macOS 10.11 or the current .12 Sierra and be up to date. Looking on ebay sold listing they can be had for $200-300US. add a monitor, keyboard/mouse, free DAW, you're set! :wheee:
Except here's the problem and it's not a small one.

I don't buy VSTs just to fiddle around with them or even just to make libraries with them. I buy them to actually make music. Go to my Soundcloud page and you'll see hundreds of tracks.

With Pulsar 900 on another computer, and my using Cubase 7 on my Windows PC to make all my music with, now I have to figure out a way to sync one computer to the other through my DAW, if it's even possible. At this stage of my life, unless it's something that's plug and play, I don't want to have to deal with the hassles. I just don't have the patience anymore.

As long as you had an audio interface for both the Mac and PC, it could be as simple as a MIDI cable and a couple of audio cables from one to the other, and set one to slave to the other with MTC. But yeah, I get it, it's a hassle. That's precisely why I never sync the two myself.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

The developer of Pulsar 900 is a one man show so he sure have his work cut out for him. As far as I can tell from the quality of P900 he also make a very serious job with the plugin. I am also waiting for the Windows version but I have no problem waiting for something as nice as P900. I am sure it will be Worth the wait.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

There is bridge for mac .on cubase u can load au plugin , this bridge Was mentioned on one of the threads in kvr.

michaelbrac wrote:There is bridge for mac .on cubase u can load au plugin , this bridge Was mentioned on one of the threads in kvr.
And this helps me how?

wagtunes wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:There is bridge for mac .on cubase u can load au plugin , this bridge Was mentioned on one of the threads in kvr.
And this helps me how?
you can work with au plugins in cubase on mac

Lets dance wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
And this helps me how?
you can work with au plugins in cubase on mac
Yeah, I get that. it doesn't help me to integrate my Mac with my PC where I have all my other plugins when creating a track of music.

How do I load up Cubase in Windows, load in 32 different VSTs, create all my tracks for those and THEN load up Pulsar 900 on a Mac and get the Pulsar 900 integrated with those 32 tracks on my Windows machine?

If I can't do that EASILY I'm not interested.

I absolutely love the sound of this synth. It's really punchy. I am, however, having a problem. Is it possible to do fingered portamento with this synth? There's no portamento time control for legato mode. I know that I can control the glide by using the sample & hold module, but that's not the style i'm after for most of my patches.

P900 is still my favorite for vintage/analog/modular sounds (beside Zeeon maybe which is as awesome like this but with another character and it´s own distinct sound).
This thing has bite and can sound so gnarly and punchy/snappy/whatever as well but also great for lush and soft pads. Still amazed also how good the reverb sounds.
I only wish the mono/legato mode would not suck for velocity playing/modulations.
The first note is right (on legato also the second) but then it always jump to a velocity of 100 whatever i play in real. In poly mode it works fine.
I messaged the developer once and hoped it could be solved but still no sign.
If that would be solved it would be a dream machine.
The patch management could also be better but i can live with it.
Otherwise i just still love this thing and i hope Pulsar Modular works further on it.

Return to “Instruments”