B5 Sounds Great.....but

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally got downloads by using Opera. PITA but worth it.
B5 sounds so good I'm looking at the D9 to replace the PTeq Clav as it has great features but lacks punch.

Here's what I noticed about B5.
The Hammond B3 sounded good but just fizzes out in the upper range.
Tried the Draw Tonewheels style window and no joy.
Used to playing a real Hammond and when you gliss up to those upper notes they should NEVER be equal or less in volume but louder as it's a climatic move.
I then tried the 2 x C3 variants and the 1969 sounds really good and doesn't need tweaks. Problem solved.
Tweaked the Leslie using 122B for horn and adjusted the tone, then grabbed 147 for the drum adjusted mics and tone.
Really impressive for 1s and 0s.

So now I use C3 on the scanner and it sounds great until you kick off/on the Vibrato. The volume drops drastically while your holding notes. That's not going to make Hammond afficiandos happy as many use the C3 Scanner Vibrato like synth guys use the Mod Wheel.
Imagine you reach over to modulate your sound via LFO/Vibrato and the volumes are 6-10db hotter....

There's a work around though, you don't sustain the note, or just release the note then use your Footswitch to add C3 Vibrato.

I beg AcouticsampleS to please address this as it's the only function from making this a flawless recreation of a complicated hardware + speaker truly authentic.

You managed to capture that wooden sound of a Leslie really well and the Tube gain is actually better than my HX-3 Hammond Module or Lester K Pedal.

Salute.

Please consider this.
I will be happy to pay more and buying more is already a no brainer.
You guys get the tones and have avoided the "Laundry Over your speaker" sound so many PC Based instruments have.
While sounding ok on nearfields and IEMs they just fizz out on large speaker arrays.

Bravo.....

There is actually nothing to fix here... this is made on purpose, and carefully calibrated for each note.
The scanner vibrato works like that (the original signal is mixed with one going through a circular delay line which increases the volume), and the volume increases, especially with the C-3 on, this happens more or less on every organ, and that depends on the voicing and wiring of each organ.
It's not 6db hotter though, only 3db max...

Well I'll stick with the C3 1969.
Really well done plug in.
Rarely do I get to eliminate a piece of hardware with software.
In this case an HX-3 module.
Nice if a PC Chokes to fall back on hardware.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”