FXpansion Cypher2 - Coming in 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad)

it's likely that the roli acquisition has thrown a spanner in the gears of their previous schedule

Angus_FX wrote:
- It's vector-drawn at runtime, which means photo-realistic is impractical; TransMod doesn't have a direct analogy in hardware, so at best it'd be more hyperreal than photoreal. In an ideal world we'd render in realtime 3D, DirectX on GPU, everything with floating-point coordinate positions.. the possibilities with that are amazing especially on a Retina screen (freely zoomable with no loss in quality at all) but we're not quite there yet.
I'm just curious about this point about vectors being impractical for realistic graphics. I've seen people make realistic vector based art with apps like Illustrator and Affinity. There's even apps that can convert raster images to vectors. I think even Apple use Illustrator for their iPhone and iPod promotional artwork.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:
- It's vector-drawn at runtime, which means photo-realistic is impractical; TransMod doesn't have a direct analogy in hardware, so at best it'd be more hyperreal than photoreal. In an ideal world we'd render in realtime 3D, DirectX on GPU, everything with floating-point coordinate positions.. the possibilities with that are amazing especially on a Retina screen (freely zoomable with no loss in quality at all) but we're not quite there yet.
I'm just curious about this point about vectors being impractical for realistic graphics. I've seen people make realistic vector based art with apps like Illustrator and Affinity. There's even apps that can convert raster images to vectors. I think even Apple use Illustrator for their iPhone and iPod promotional artwork.
I think it's a bit like 3D rendering in realtime. If you model a knob/fader and all this stuff with splines/vectors but with many details you need a lot of this vectors which will make it very slow to render in realtime.
So the only solution today is to use an easier vector based model with not so many objects.

acYm wrote:it's likely that the roli acquisition has thrown a spanner in the gears of their previous schedule
What I really don't like is absolute silence of Angus since then.
Murderous duck!

i think cypher will become a show of synth for the seaboard features, maybe to play drums and synths with new expression compared to real playability of real instruments.

I'm bummed out. They said they were gonna get me the beta and then months of silence. Tried a couple times to check in recently, but no response. Really wanna play with this mammajammma.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

david.beholder wrote:
acYm wrote:it's likely that the roli acquisition has thrown a spanner in the gears of their previous schedule
What I really don't like is absolute silence of Angus since then.
Kind of ominous, ain't it? :scared:

I am glad that I found back this thread as I remembered that Cypher2 was supposed to be released in 2016. But up to now the discussion was stopped for awhile and do you guys have any news on that?

I am still waiting for this beauty...

Iva wrote:I am still waiting for this beauty...
It's progressing.

I'm awaiting Amber 2. :)

masterhiggins wrote:I'm awaiting Amber 2. :)
So do I. 2030 is near.
Murderous duck!

My labelmate is beta testing cypher 2.
It sounds very very good. Crazy modulation and sound range from bread and butter to modular madness.

There's nothing like it and I think people will be very happy with it !

christian f. wrote:My labelmate is beta testing cypher 2.
It sounds very very good. Crazy modulation and sound range from bread and butter to modular madness.

There's nothing like it and I think people will be very happy with it !
right :lol:

exmatproton wrote:
right :lol:
Right what funny man ?

Return to “Instruments”