Can you tell the difference between amp sims and a mic'd amp recording?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But I remember the day when AC222 put out an "album" (which I liked) that used amp sims with the caveat of "see, amp sims are fine"

Some I'm confused here.

I'll tell you this, NOBODY has spent more time-money-effort here than me. In the end, even though there is no proper demo, I got lucky and got AT4 for 60 bucks (didn't need anything else because I had AT3 ) and I did cave on the mesa mark 4 (OMFG!)

So, what to say? Yeah, if I lived in a situation where I could afford "real" amps and "real" mics and record it, I guess I would. But I think the 99.9% of people are fooled into thinking that is superior because they don't know what they want in the first place.

It's an irrational conversation. You can get great sound out of either, if you understand some principles.

mr. incubus, you sir are correct. can't argue with that. amp sims are fine. I'm just having fun playing :clown:

I'm just trying to make sense.

I'm loving on tech. It's so much better most of the time, I just want a truth if that is possible.

f**k, I'd LOVE to have all the "real" amps and mics. That would be awesome. Frankly (and it's more of a living situation) I can't. But I still want to play guitar :shrug:

Return to “Effects”