Heavyocity support...rating 0/10

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's face it, their support is terrible!
I'm not gonna buy anymore of their products. If businesses like that dont understand the customer is everything then why in hell should we invest in their products, making them rich?
You send an email about pricing and you get a response the next day, you send one on anything else like toubleshooting, licensing etc and they dont even bother.

Example 1:
I contacted them on transferring a license. Withing 48 hours they replied and asked if I'm transferring it to a new computer I own? So I told them I just want to sell a couple of licenses and I never heard from them again. Maybe you cant do that with their products (it's not very well explained in their licensing agreement anyway) and if so, that's fair enough but why on earth cant they just tell me that. It isn't really that hard.

Example 2:
I sent an email about copywrite and no reply. Sent another, still nothing. Are they afraid if they give the wrong answer I wont buy anymore of their stuff? I dont get it. :?

I've sent numerous emails about troubleshoot that have remained unanswered in the past. They just dont seem to be interested in the emails that have nothing to do with people spending their money on their products.

I dont think their products are that unique anymore for them to be giving second rate service quite frankly. They're just shooting themselves in the foot...Sample Logic, Output and countless others. I was actually considering Gravity too. Thanks Heavyocity you made my choice so much easier. :tu:

Now, how do I move this over to sample/sample libraries?

Don't worry a mod will do that if necessary.

I feel your pain, though. Sadly, those questions and answers should be found in their FAQ's. But they are not there.

It is good to have a place to rant about it, however I don't think any of the devs are engaged over here. I think it is super business structure and soundness of policy to be an active part of your audience's/client's business as that is the best way to get more business.

Sadly boycotting a product rarely is felt by a dev and we end up depriving ourselves of good products (even if the devs suck).

It always sucks if it's this way, especially for premium priced software.
I had better experience with them and support was great and fast.
It's often a case to case thing or maybe depending which person is involved.
For me they would get 9/10.

Yea its f*ckin shitty but you gotta appeal to their wallets if you ant any f*ckin answer worth your time. Try it like this...

"Hey my friend is interested in some of your products. One of them he wants I already got, but I don't use anymore and I'd like to sell it to him if I can. Are license transfers allowed and if so, what's the transfer fee? Thanks"

I guarantee that'll get you at least some kinda "we don't allow transfers sorry" or some short shit like that. It will get their attention cus you're saying you're willing to fork up some cash for a transfer and if they don't respond they assume you'll tell a would-be customer not to buy their shit cus the service sucks. Just lie your ass off and make your question stink of money it's the only way ahahaha

Hi Matthew,
So sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting in touch with support. I believe that I was actually the one who initially responded to your license transfer request. I don't remember seeing any follow-up email or 2nd request. I'm wondering if your emails are being flagged as spam. We try to respond within 24-48 hours to all requests, and take great care to ensure that our customers receive the best support possible. Please send a note to support@heavyocity.com, as this will open a support ticket with our team. I'll keep an eye out for your note, and make sure that you receive a response.

Again, Our sincerest apologies for not resolving your issues within a timely fashion.
best,
-Ari Winters
c/o Heavyocity media

Well shut me up. Glad to see you guys here!

Heavyocity Media wrote:Hi Matthew,
So sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting in touch with support. I believe that I was actually the one who initially responded to your license transfer request. I don't remember seeing any follow-up email or 2nd request. I'm wondering if your emails are being flagged as spam. We try to respond within 24-48 hours to all requests, and take great care to ensure that our customers receive the best support possible. Please send a note to support@heavyocity.com, as this will open a support ticket with our team. I'll keep an eye out for your note, and make sure that you receive a response.

Again, Our sincerest apologies for not resolving your issues within a timely fashion.
best,
-Ari Winters
c/o Heavyocity media
The follow up was sent to you 15/8.
All I wanna know is how you transfer a license to someone else. Is there a fee? What is the process?

Maybe you could just reply here as others may be interested in this topic. There's nothing on your website to explain this and your licensing agreement is a little vague on this subject and other things including copywrite.

Hi Jon! Nice to see you too. :-) love your track Maiden of the Yellow meadow, btw.

Matthew, Sorry that we did not see your response. Due to the nature of installation and authorization, We do not permit the resale of Licenses for specific products. If you are an owner of our NI Partnered products (Damage, Evolve, Evolve Mutations, and Evolve Mutations 2), you can contact NI support to handle the license transfer to a new user, as those products fall under their license agreement.

Hope this helps.
Best,
-Ari

Hey All,

New to this forum, so forgive the resurrection of this older thread... but it's actually what led me here. I too am having a problem getting basic response from Heavyocity support in getting some of my purchased products unlocked, and in combining what I'm reading here as to what folks are saying about their experiences here with Heavyocity support, I'm a bit concerned.... Should I be? Is Heavyocity in decline? Apathetic/poor response to paying customers is generally a sign of a company 'losing it's way', and that it's troubled/dysfunctional/struggling internally/in decline in some way.... and I really hope I'm wrong here.

In the years that I've been a Heavyocity customer, I've always been a fan and felt that they were a good company, to the extent of happily bragging on them from time to time to others. I haven't needed much in the form of support from them in the past, but for the very few instances I needed it, I found Heavyocity support to be professional, rapid, and effective...................... until now. That's why I'm curious if this has been a problem for anyone else.

It's interesting that my current situation seems to mirror what's being described here. Their chosen licensing enforcement model requires their involvement in the case of hardware change, etc..... Okay fine...; but it seems to me that companies embracing this licensing model should make absolutely certain they can deliver on this model when customers reach out to them to engage with them in this way.

So at any rate, I contact them for product unlocks of my formerly owned products to accommodate hardware upgrade, to which I've received no response, now going on 5 days. On the earlier side of this wait window, I was poking around on their website and purchased a couple additional products, taking advantage of a promotion they were advertising. I submitted another support request for some link assist for the products I purchased, and received initial response/help with this request in the expected manner of < 24 hours. I even reached out to them via this successful support connection with thanks, and then calling attention to the initial support outreach for a status update or guidance if it were available. Queue the wall of silence...

So unfortunately my current Heavyocity support experience, much like what is being said here, is seemingly that requests involving new money have whole importance over old money that they already have from you, regardless of the order in which the requests were submitted..... And if so, this is a BIG problem as it is in complete conflict with their insisted upon licensing model of them being in the middle of you and your products, purchased and used legally and lawfully. Again, what gives here?

I'm a glass half full guy and I still really don't want to accept this as other than a fluke (overriding the highly logical voices in my head starting to take over at this point mind you!) and welcome positive change on my situation. At any rate, again, curious if anyone has knowledge of Heavyocity having gone toxic or being in decline... Has it become a vendor to be avoided?

Thanks Fellas and appreciate your feedback.

Just wanted to update this post in that I just received the much needed help from Heavyocity support I had been seeking, and I can't tell you how glad I am of this positive swing. So I'm chalking the whole experience up as a fluke, as anyone can make an isolated mistake, inadvertently drop a ball, have a bad day, etc. and get back up a champ. Thanks!

The last time I successfully installed Heavyocity AEON (in 2015, only the 2nd time I ever installed it, when I retired my old DAW PC) I got a weird email after activating it that said something like "hardware profiles limit reached." I followed the NI and Heavyocity support instructions to contact each company. NI responded basically, "contact Heavyocity" and Heavyocity never replied. I didn't push it at the time because the library did activate and was working.

But this week I attempted to re-install AEON on the same PC (new Windows 10 install), and A) it's no longer even listed in my Native Access, while AEON Rhythmic is, B) When I manually try to add the serial number, I'm told the serial has been "locked by customer support."

I submitted a new ticket about this problem two days ago and still haven't heard back. Is there a phone number tucked away somewhere I haven't found yet?

UPDATE: They contacted me a few hours after I posted this and they unlocked my serial number for me. Their support has apparently been swamped due to the big sale going on.
Last edited by UltimateOutsider on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I will be contacting them soon as well and will report back as to how long it takes.

I have three products working in Native Access that load in Kontakt perfectly but I cannot register them with Heavyocity. Serials are denied. Two purchased from PB and one from NI.

I have to disagree with the OP . I've dealt with their support twice in the past year with nothing but good things to say . I recently emailed them in the past week , received a prompt response and solution . About 6 months ago , all my registered serials disappeared from my account on their site . I can't remember who I was dealing with but after about a week and multiple emails back and forth , it was sorted . The rep stick with it and I think it was a problem with their site in the backend that only affected a handful of customers . I believe the OP's just dealing with an isolated incident . My experience with Heavyocity shows that they do take care of their customers through their support system .

dandezebra wrote:I will be contacting them soon as well and will report back as to how long it takes.

I have three products working in Native Access that load in Kontakt perfectly but I cannot register them with Heavyocity. Serials are denied. Two purchased from PB and one from NI.
I think they do not allow to register libraries that you bought elsewhere at Heavyocity. I once tried to register a couple of libraries I got at an NI sale and they told me that they don't do that. All the info is in the NI account anyway, they said.

And the AEON libraries are a bit annoying. For whatever reason, they usually require unlocking whenever you move them to a different system. Same is true for DM-307 and maybe some others as well. The newer libraries don't seem to have these issues and transfer as expected without having to go through their support.

Their support is usually very fast though. Never had to wait more than a day.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”