Strange BIAS FX Gate/Noise Filter behaviour

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am experiencing a very strange behaviour with bias fx, when I put any kind of gate/noise filter pedal I always get 100%+ usage on my cpu meter in both Ableton Live 9.6 32x and Reaper 5.311 x64 (bridged). This only happens when the gate kicks in after I stop playing. And the DAW(s) cannot handle that and crackles occur in all audio tracks in the project. This also is the case with the global noise gate option at the bottom. I've never seen anything like this before and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't find anything related to this specific problem. I have projects with around 40-60 tracks and never had a problem with VSTi's, samplers etc. So I don't think that my configuration is causing this. It must be something very specific.
I am using the DAW's performance meter not the windows or any other 3rd party.
Specs:
Fujitsu Lifebook AH544
8GB Single Channel DDR3 @800MHz
Intel Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.20GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4600
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M
Windows 10 LTSB Edition 64bit
DAW: Ableton Live 9.6 x32 and Reaper 5.311 64 (with bridging).
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen.

The laptop's power management is set to performance and it's almost always plugged in w/o the battery. No overheating or high enough CPU usage outside the daw (? according to task manager) so the fan doesn' kick in full RPM.
Quid pro quo

Try using a different gate. CM mag has an unfiltered audi G8 CM gate included in it. It should be similar in handling as this: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... io_g8.html yet cheaper to get a hold of. So you can try out the plugin alliance version to test..or there are other free gates, but I like the G8 for guitar.
*Edit: Also, your computer is starting to get long in the tooth..mine is also, at 3.0 GHz.

I don't have a solution, but I have the same behavior, and it's not just with Bias, any noise gate plugin I've tried does the same thing.
-RLabz-

the job of the artist, is to always, is to deepen the mystery

No issues here
Say NO to CLAP!

Return to “Effects”