Presonus Faderport 8: Enhanced integration with Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We have just made available a patch for making the Presonus Faderport 8 control surface work seamlessly with Cubase

V1.0 improves many features, including:

- Click on/off
- Multiple track selection - ADDON!
- Full plugin control, with pagination and layout editing
- Added functions to open event editors, workspaces, ...
- Track expand (visibility) works perfect, settings are included with our template cubase projects for FP8, but you can make your own presets
- Other functions and improvements

You can check the video below for the setup and examples of usage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCehe5U69H4?t=12m35s (skip to minute 12:30 to see it in action)

For the download, visit: Presonus Faderport 8 - Melhoramos a integração com o Cubase ((2600Hz)) (the page has Google translation)

If you want to read the HTMLFO file, visit: http://www.2600hz.com.br/fp8-cubase/2k6 ... tmlfo.html

We hope this helps other Cubasers out there either to fix their FP8 or to decide getting the hardware, which is pretty amazing once it´s working!

Musical cheers :phones:

I've thought about getting one, even though I'm not happy with them as a company.

Looks like it was a good idea to wait.

incubus wrote:I've thought about getting one, even though I'm not happy with them as a company.

Looks like it was a good idea to wait.
Yeah, people have been asking for improvements in the integration for enough time, in all DAWs...

Luckily, we bought it and we will continue customizing it for Cubase... we already know it can control all areas, for example Quick Controls, Channel Strip, Track EQ and so on....

If you still wanna buy it, it´s a great gear, we´re really happy with it in Cubase!

Looks promising. Can it be programed to do everything the cc121 could do, specifically controlling your edit channel?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Totally... in case you want to change what the controller does in different scenarios, and all you have to do is switch a dropdown menu in Cubase to choose what you want to control with the whole thing... Mixing, editing, recording....

in future versions of the patch we will add all kinds of stuff, and they will stack up in a single patch.... that dropdown menu will enable you to choose how the controller behaves in different situations ;)

PS: We have CC121, it´s amazing and together with the FP8 it still has a lot of use.... you can sync both and, for example, when you select a track on the FP8 the CC121 jumps to that track too, giving you total control of the channel settings while other stuff is controlled by FP8

Yeah, that cc121 is WAY overpriced. If it was 200 bucks new I'd snag but for what kinda coin I'd rather use the presonus with 8 faders ;) (well, duh :lol: )

Nice @incubus!! That´s the idea, someone had to patch it and it´s for the good of it...

Today I tried mixing a song completely with the FP8 in Cubase, it worked awesome!! Using Frequency (new EQ on C9), Vintage Comnpressor and Envelope shaper set at the first 3 inserts in all tracks, I didn´t need to use the mouse at all.... once it´s integrated with your DAW, it really is good!!

Sharing a video mixing this famous song (Mr. Jones) by the Counting Crows using the Presonus Faderport 8 control surface in Cubase PRO 9!

Some EQ, Compression and effects examples during the mix and seamless integration for plugin control on the FP8, I´d like to hear your opinions if you find this interesting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14-Gtui8Lc

Download the FP8 patch v1.0 for Steinberg Cubase: www.2600hz.com.br/fp8cubase

Hi:

I just purchased a faderport 8 in early december 2017. I am trying to add your patch. It seems like a couple of files are too long for the zip extraction : Beat template for FP8 in Cubase PRO 9.cpr is the one that has come up. I can't remember the second one. Also, I am on cubase 9.5. I am assuming that I am good to go with that version as well as 9.0.

I assume that you came up with this patch using some sort of macro language built into cubase? Please advise!

I am a brand new cubase user, although I have used it several years ago.

Thanks so much for your work!
DJ McIntosh

I really don't understand why Steinberg/Yamaha make more hardware that integrates well with Cubase.

I think I already know the answer but I'm asking anyway. Does it also work with the original single - channel Faderport?

Many thanks
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

When integrated with with Studio One 3, Faderport 8 does indeed integrate with with the original Faderport One. A typical configuration is to use the 1 as your main out fader, and have the * bank about the main console.

With SOne3 it's incredibly good, easily one of the best controllers I've ever used. Features to look for in any 3rd pty integration - does track coloring reflect on the buttons? Is the LINK feature supported (there's a little blue knob top left - in link mode touch any control on the daw or any plug with the mouse and you control it with the knob. Is the OLED scribble pad properly supported.

I love mine on SOne3.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”