NKS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

taoyoyo wrote:If you're looking at a user-friendly mapping where synth parameter sections are laid out cleanly (eg: there might be 6 filter paras and 2 blanks on a page) and there are additional effects sections it's not so crazy that a mapping might be more than 8-pages?
It can, but it's unusual. That's only with the very large or multi-layered synths. The main panel, at the very least, should fit within 8 pages. Waves Element2 for example: OSC1, OSC2, VCA/Lfo1, VCF/Setup, VCF Env/Lfo2, Env3/Lfo3, EQ/Lfo4, FX - these 8 sections contain 100% of the parameters from the main panel (and this instrument features full automation). the extra pages to scroll through are 3 for the mod matrix on one end and 3 more for the sequencer on the other.

That's in a well-made template for a properly designed control surface, of course. You can't do that in NKS.

Mace404 wrote:I like NKS/Komplete Kontrol allot.
More and more companies using it means I have all sounds in one place. Tagged browsing and searching trough all presets, lovely.
The controls are limited with only 8 rotaries per page but for tweaking sounds it's enough.
I don't expect it to be a sound designers tool, I go sit behind my monitor with mouse and faderport (in last touched mode) for that.

Just saw that Waves also made Element NKS ready.
Actually I'm pretty sure they extended the NKS support to cover all of their instruments.

I haven't bothered with NKS yet, personally, as I tend to stack "layers" as I go. I do, though intend to give it a try adding some motion and variation while playing parts in. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

now a days, I see dynamic template, without changing presets, controls change with the options selected, for example when i change the oscillator type on cyclop.

i guess why i have this integration level with Replika XT and Cyclop (third part plug), and i do not have this with Massive, FM8 or Razor where template are just all parameters inline even the unrelevant one's.

i would like to have an sdk to get extensible possibility to build dynamics template with custom parameters.
Last edited by drdriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

You don't need a SDK to build dynamic ones (or any NKS) - the one I made for Replika XT works dynamically in Kore just as well as it will in KK if and when it comes out with an fx version. There's nothing special you have to do to enable this except not change the names yourself. The ability to do this comes from the plugin, some plugins are better at reporting such changes to the host and updating param names, others have fixed names. Massive does dynamic reporting for its macros which is why they update in KK>

yes, a few plugins are enough well made to get parameters with dynamic name when i don't change it, massive macro, melda multiparameters...

and in fact Cyclop does not do more than that, but i maintain a sdk would be nice to get dynamic layout and different control type like the one available in maschine stock plugins.

I don't know about the Maschine ones but I would have thought they work the way they do because they are part of Maschine, the ones that
you mentioned certainly don't need anything extra in terms of a SDK to function as you describe in Komplete and Maschine.

Return to “Instruments”