Vintage tonewheel organ: GG Audio-Blue3 has been updated to 1.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who could have expected such a big update so soon after the initial release!:) Wonderful :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

aMUSEd wrote:So what's that got to do with the word Blue? - it just starts with B, there are plenty of other words starting with B

Looks I was pissed off at the disrespect for Rob Papen's synth
I may have seen 'Rob Papen's Blue' around here, but I'll only have seen it here. Something about a guy's name as the company name doesn't appeal...

When I color-code Hammonds in VE Pro or Cubase I go for saturated blue or slightly purplish-blue. :shrug:

this looks very interesting...

Did anybody try to fire up Blue3 on V-Machine??

All I can say about this is : WOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, I can't compare it to VB3 at all, it's a lot better to my ears.
a lot more subtle nuances, it sounds lively and wonderful and I love all the little variations in attack
the character of overdrive is spot on, doesn't sound like an emulation.
leslie sounds stunning - far far better than the one built in Kontakt.
I'm constantly surprised that it's not some sort of sampled Hammond.
superb job - I'm truly amazed at how it behaves - a joy to play

I probably look like developer's relative here, but I really enjoy the product. I was skeptical about the whole thing based on demos, but decided to try it and it blew me away

congrats!

chris.r wrote:Did anybody try to fire up Blue3 on V-Machine??
Don't have V-Machine but I use Blue3 with Cantabile3 as a live host - works fine.
The only wish I have is that there is a tuning option since we have a brass section in the band tuned at 443Hz.

ukm wrote:
chris.r wrote:Did anybody try to fire up Blue3 on V-Machine??
Don't have V-Machine but I use Blue3 with Cantabile3 as a live host - works fine.
The only wish I have is that there is a tuning option since we have a brass section in the band tuned at 443Hz.
Out of curiosity, why is that?

No tuning option on a real Hammond either. (Unless you want to call the power company and ask them to speed up the generators a little.)

That's right but it would be interesting to know if it makes a difference when playing together.

ukm wrote:That's right but it would be interesting to know if it makes a difference when playing together.
11 cents worth. An A above middle C note held by both instruments will beat 3 times a second.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-centsratio.htm

SMH wrote:No tuning option on a real Hammond either. (Unless you want to call the power company and ask them to speed up the generators a little.)
There's no instant re-tuning on a RL grand piano either. But you certainly want a software piano to be useable in an orchestra setting, or as solo instrument in other contexts with different tuning preferences.

So, why not a tuning option on a software tonewheel clone, even when it's not possible on the hardware? For the record, Guido's VB3 global settings menu allows tuning in 1 Hz steps from 437 to 443 Hz, with 440 as the default. Just sayin'…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
SMH wrote:No tuning option on a real Hammond either. (Unless you want to call the power company and ask them to speed up the generators a little.)
There's no instant re-tuning on a RL grand piano either. But you certainly want a software piano to be useable in an orchestra setting, or as solo instrument in other contexts with different tuning preferences.

So, why not a tuning option on a software tonewheel clone, even when it's not possible on the hardware? For the record, Guido's VB3 global settings menu allows tuning in 1 Hz steps from 437 to 443 Hz, with 440 as the default. Just sayin'…

/Joachim
This is why we tune everything to A=440. So your piano and harmonica will work together.

Not 'everything'. A common orchestra tuning is 442.

/Joachim

The great thing about standards is there's so many to choose from. ;)

And plenty of orchestras use A=440. And orchestras have their own piano tuner, so if they want it different, they have the means to accomplish it. (And don't have a harmonica player. ;) )
Despite such confusion, A = 440 Hz is the only official standard and is widely used around the world. Many orchestras in the United Kingdom adhere to this standard as concert pitch.[15] In the United States some orchestras use A = 440 Hz, while others, such as the New York Philharmonic use A = 442 Hz.[16] The latter is also often used as a tuning frequency in Europe,[3] especially in Denmark, France, Hungary, Italy, Norway and Switzerland.[17] Nearly all modern symphony orchestras in Germany and Austria and many in other countries in continental Europe (such as Russia, Sweden and Spain) tune to A = 443 Hz.[15][17] The Boston Symphony Orchestra tunes to A = 441 Hz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_p ... rt_pitches

Which all goes to indicate that it might be a good idea after all to be able to tune a software tonewheel clone. If, for instance, you were called upon to play a Hammond organ concerto with an orchestra in Hungary or Sweden. ;-)

I wonder if the London Symphony Orchestra just stuck with 440 after the cooperation with Jon Lord?

/Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:Which all goes to indicate that it might be a good idea after all to be able to tune a software tonewheel clone. If, for instance, you were called upon to play a Hammond organ concerto with an orchestra in Hungary or Sweden. ;-)

I wonder if the London Symphony Orchestra just stuck with 440 after the cooperation with Jon Lord?

/Joachim
If you were playing Hammond organ with an orchestra, I'd hope it would be on a real Hammond and then the orchestra would tune to you (if they weren't already). :)

Return to “Instruments”