"Put it to Divine and your computer will freeze immediately"

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:clown: Maybe he should get a new computer. :clown:

https://youtu.be/ZCGGqg4Mhx0?t=4m50s

Hehe, yeah...

It's been a long time since i last demo'd Diva. I remember demoing it shortly after it had been released, on my old dual core computer, and it definitely was heavy. I think i couldn't play more than 5 or 6 voice with most patches, on "divine". I remember even doing a shootout with Cubase Elements 7, Reaper and another host. That was a Cubase version before they worked on the plugin performance. Reaper could play one more voice, i remember. :P Anyway, nowadays, i guess Diva is rather moderate, as it also uses less CPU now as when it was released, i believe.

I haven't used Diva since the public beta days, but I remember that even on 'fast' it sounded incredible. Bazille is the only u-he synth I own and that sounds brilliant even without HQ mode enabled. I tend to use HQ mode only when extremely heavy duty filtering/resonance is involved.

Bit of blast from the past for me talking about this, as my first ever KVR post was suggesting that synths could add a super high quality setting for rendering! Seems odd to me now that there was ever a time they didn't.

I was more concerned with the height of his monitor. I can feel my back hurting just watching the video. :)

Ahahahah. Threadripper / Core I9 FTW!
Murderous duck!

LOL. It's amazing how things have changed in the last few years as CPU power has increased. My Macbook Pro (late 2016 15") barely notices the difference between Great and Divine. It's about a 17% difference, and with multicore enabled, never becomes a problem.

Return to “u-he”