Knob Issues in FL Studio

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I reported this at the Image-Line Forums but it's not been determined to be the Host or Plugin at fault.

If Sylenth 3.032 is loaded in FL Studio and is Bridged (64 to 32 or 32 to 64 Bit) and the plugin Wrapper is Detached (as set by FL) the Sylenth Knobs will not respond to mouse click / drag. They will respond to Mouse Wheel movement. In other words if you left click on a knob, hold, and drag up/down or left/right etc the Knob will not move. Place the Cursor over a knob and move the mouse wheel and the knob will move. This has been confirmed by Image-Line Support. It does not effect any of the other plugins I've tried. It appears to only affect Sylenth and only if the two conditions of Bridged and Detached exist.

Here's link to the thread:

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=176743

:)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi,

It is highly recommended NOT to use bit bridges, as they can (and will) lead to a number of problems, including the one you've described (other problems include crashing, no sound, unresponsive GUI, crackling, etc).

ALWAYS make sure to use the 32bit version of Sylenth1 if you're using a 32bit host, or the 64bit version if you're using a 64bit host.

Lennard wrote:Hi,

It is highly recommended NOT to use bit bridges, as they can (and will) lead to a number of problems, including the one you've described (other problems include crashing, no sound, unresponsive GUI, crackling, etc).

ALWAYS make sure to use the 32bit version of Sylenth1 if you're using a 32bit host, or the 64bit version if you're using a 64bit host.
I only use 64 bit music software. The only way I discovered this issue is that the 32 bit version of FL was called up by mistake due to a wonky desktop icon that was at one time pointed to the 64 bit version. This is not something I'm likely to ever experience again but it has been reported by at least one other FL /Sylenth user.

I just wanted to let you know since none of the other plugins I tried under the same conditions experienced the problem of Knobs not functioning when Bridged and Detached. If you're ok with that then so am I...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can have a look when I find some spare time, but since both the 32 and 64 bit version of Sylenth1 function correctly in any DAW, the bridge is probably not redirecting all data it should. And even if it's possible to work around it and make Sylenth1's knobs respond, there are still numerous other problems that can occur, so even then it is still highly recommended NOT to use the bridge.

Return to “LennarDigital”