PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you do decide to make it for Android devices consider a big write up on Musical Android!
Paul Stretch is the only program that I have written about that is not an app over the years!
Hate to beg but now I am.
Please...
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Did someone tried a linux build ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Xenakios wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Quick question I did not figure out yet: what is the onset detection parameter?
I have to admit I don't even know myself... :cry: I guess it attempts to process transients in the signal somehow differently but I haven't closely looked at that part of the original code.
At 1 you tend to get abrupt transitions in the material. It'll suddenly 'slam' new events in rather than the usual slow fade behaviour whenever it triggers, even at huge stretch sizes. I've only tested on scratchy old shellac recordings thus far, so I can't speak for how it sounds/responds on modern, highly dynamic stuff.

Not sure how it behaves with settings in between 0 and 1 either. Maybe the sensitivity? More testing needed this end...

stanlea wrote:Did someone tried a linux build ?
I did, it's possible to do, but there seems to be some quirks with JUCE under (Ubuntu) Linux. (So I am not going to provide Linux binaries at this point...)

I've been working on beta 5, probably going to post that today or tomorrow...

Xenakios wrote:I've been working on beta 5, probably going to post that today or tomorrow...
:clap: :hyper:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

3.0.0 beta 5 is up, links in the original post. It may now be the macOs build does not work on older (older than 10.11) macOs versions. If that is the case, I will have to see if anything can be done about that.

There are still problems in playing back and rendering short files or short time selections, especially with larger FFT sizes. This has been a particularly difficult thing to deal with, but eventually I will make it to work...

Beta 5 seems to work just fine here on 10.9.5, Macbook Air. Many thanks for your hard work!

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Xenakios wrote:3.0.0 beta 5 is up, links in the original post. It may now be the macOs build does not work on older (older than 10.11) macOs versions. If that is the case, I will have to see if anything can be done about that.

There are still problems in playing back and rendering short files or short time selections, especially with larger FFT sizes. This has been a particularly difficult thing to deal with, but eventually I will make it to work...
It's really getting there :tu:

Jumping around the waveform is now really 'point-and-click', even with large FFT sizes. And the additional of 'Tonal/Noise' functionality made my afternoon.

Many thanks once again for not only keeping this alive, but making it so much more than it ever was :hug:

Xenakios wrote:Beta 6 teaser video... :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2u3h6 ... e=youtu.be
You're my new hero. Keep it up.

Xenakios, seriously... You should get an award or something!

Amazing work, don't know what else to add...

That is truly amazing work! Awesome to see this useful algorithm from Paul get an updated interface.

Huge respect man!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I'm still on Snow Leopard but I won't be forever. Thanks for updating this tool for everyone :clap:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Drag and drop is very useful to me (plus waveform viz, nice), thanks!

Return to “Effects”