D16 Group Toraverb 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ace of Space is coming - new version of our well known effect the Toraverb 2 - Space Modulated Reverb is almost here.

More details about it including pricing and special offers will be available at the day of release - 2017 October 3th

www.d16.pl/toraverb2

Been looking forward to this.

Also, I noticed that Syntorus and the others have had their UIs updated to hi-res on their product pages- Patches incoming?

Great! Hopefully an upgrade path from V1.

Oh shit thanks for the heads up! Grabbin this when it drops...

Instabuy. I'm tired of instabuys, I'm going broke.

The "Most versatile reverb" marketing lingo is a bit much, but Toraverb always was a good reverb with its own sound. Really good for 90s digital reverb sounds that weren't necessarily trying to replicate a real space.

great reverb, i'll be happy just to get the bigger interface

I hope the GUI will be bigger in the newer version :-)
Saxplayer, LogicUser, loves and makes Jazz/Chill/Latin/Filmmusic, House...

The wood side panels on Tekturon were very elegant, made that plugin pop just a little more than the standard flat grey silverline plugins. I’m glad Toraverb is getting that treatment, along with the bigger GUI.

The only thing I could ask for is more presets than the last version.

I didn't know there were V2 's of some of the silverline collection, which would be nice, shows Ive not been paying attention, Toraverb is a nice sounding verb tbh, used it a lot on leads.

D16 always been a great company though, Phoscyon is by far my favourite 303 emulation. :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Anyone care to explain what the modulation knob does. It says the following on the site but dont know exactly what it means

Toraverb also has an additional modulation parameter, which affects the diffusing network. These are responsible for the distribution of the sound waves reflections in time. By changing the modulation, the sound of the reverb tail can be altered to give a more realistic effect of sound propagation. Modulation amount is controlled independently for early and late reflections.

We don't know what exactly it means because they don't reveal it. Perhaps it's a trade-secret of theirs. But of course you could arm yourself with some analyzers and make a few experiments.

(It's two knobs btw.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:30 pm We don't know what exactly it means because they don't reveal it. Perhaps it's a trade-secret of theirs. But of course you could arm yourself with some analyzers and make a few experiments.

(It's two knobs btw.)
Oh alright lol thought I just couldn’t figure it out. And yeah it’s two, early and late. Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's similar to adding a chorus effect, but you're modulating the delay times internally inside the reverb using an LFO, rather than slapping a chorus on after the reverb. It can create a similar, chorus-y effect, or be used more subtly to add some natural variation to the reverb.

As I said: we don't know - there's all kinds of different modulation algorithms on reverbs and normally they are trade secrets as far as I know... there's all kinds of different stuff inside reverb algorithms that is modulatable...
think of a Leslie and what it takes to emulate that
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Huh, this thing is fun. It's unlike any other reverb i own, and i own plenty

Return to “Effects”