Arobas Guitar Pro, questions about sales, license transfers and compatibility

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm mostly a Sibelius+Cubase user when it comes to music scoring and notation, but it happens to work with guitarist/composers that use Guitar Pro for their preproductions. I have a few questions for you:

- Does it ever go on sale? What's the best price one can find?
- Does Arobas allow license transfers?
- What can you tell me about its cross compatibility with other hosts? Which data and parameters would MusicXML import/export?

Thanks

JohnPativens wrote:Hi,

I'm mostly a Sibelius+Cubase user when it comes to music scoring and notation, but it happens to work with guitarist/composers that use Guitar Pro for their preproductions. I have a few questions for you:

- Does it ever go on sale? What's the best price one can find?
- Does Arobas allow license transfers?
- What can you tell me about its cross compatibility with other hosts? Which data and parameters would MusicXML import/export?

Thanks
GP6 was discounted 50% right before GP7 was released. Can't answer the other questions tho as it's the only notation software I use. I exported MIDI from it to DAW.

I saw Thomann still has some physical copies of GP6 but with shipping etc.. would cost more than GP7 (digital download) from JRR Shop.
50% would have been a great deal.

JohnPativens wrote:I saw Thomann still has some physical copies of GP6 but with shipping etc.. would cost more than GP7 (digital download) from JRR Shop.
50% would have been a great deal.
GP6 was a failure anyway. Get GP7.
I bought GP6 solely to get discounted upgrade to GP7 (ends up slightly cheaper than GP7 brand new, but not by much)

shidostrife wrote:
GP6 was a failure anyway. Get GP7.
I bought GP6 solely to get discounted upgrade to GP7 (ends up slightly cheaper than GP7 brand new, but not by much)
Didn't know that, thanks for the info! I've always avoided GP, I remember when it couldn't correctly notate accidentals to a given key, it used just sharps and worked like a very diseducative software.
It seems the #7 is a big leap forward though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”