Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Seems just a lot of new/bonus RE’s and sounds rather than an upgrade to the engine.

https://youtu.be/ukWiKrTlMzQ
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Props totally losing the plot.

EvilDragon wrote:Props totally losing the plot.
Maybe unique in DAW history where a major number update to the program actually doesn’t change it at all.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Too sexy for my car!

Indeed, you'd think they'd make the VST integration a paid upgrade and all the included content part of a free update.

Or perhaps they need the upgrade money to pay off the licensing fees to the third party content providers.

I hope they fix the hyperthreading i have to disable the use of hyperthreading in Reason or it can barely play 1 instrument before choking.
This happens on both of my pc's with a i7 and a i3.

Really disapointing update. I was waiting workflow and GUI fixes, but no. More everything! No, more sounds, not everything. People want more workflow fixes. Jesus. Where is that automatically returning playing cursors? Askd millions times. Where is curves for automation? When you going to fix your super tiny little GUI's, fonts, playlist, etc. Fix performance issues. Fix that and those. No, you just add more preset. Who's gonna pay 129€ for those preset and sound, what you vsn get in VST anyway?!?! Anosou (what ever it was), you got totally wrong direction. Again. I was hoping you keep your word, what comes what we have discused here in earlier when 9.5 vst was annouced.

I was really hoping for a massive GUI update so that I can use Reason on a highDPI screen without damaging my eyesight...too bad :(

Weird. There is "Join beta" button but when i click on it i get:

Sorry, in order to join the beta testing you need to own and register a copy of Reason 9 or Reason Essentials 9.

But i do have Reason 9 full sitting in my account, i bought several RE's weeks ago. Any clue?

kmonkey wrote:Weird. There is "Join beta" button but when i click on it i get:

Sorry, in order to join the beta testing you need to own and register a copy of Reason 9 or Reason Essentials 9.

But i do have Reason 9 full sitting in my account, i bought several RE's weeks ago. Any clue?
Maybe you're too early and the "join beta" doesn't work yet ;)

No free cookies? Bummer.

lol, you guys should check out our reactions :ud:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7503208

a full sequencer overhaul and free MIDI (freely settable MIDI channels/multi-channel) routing between VSTs and The Player devices, these ones mean the next Reason version for me
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

:smack:

OK, I'm stumped here...all I recall in recent years was the bleating about the age of the synths included in Reason and the lack of progress in this area. So, now they include a whole lot of new content and the bleating starts about not changing the program...

Honestly, can the Props EVER win here?

Yes, add some free cookies.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”