Mixing in Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys. I currently have a project and it consists of bunch of midi tracks for VSTis (the others are samples that are wav files, so audio track), and because there are many sequenced or arpeggiator-activated tracks, it's kinda painful to mix in this circumstance, so I need a figure out to convert these to wav files first. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to export all the tracks at once to wav file. I currently only know how to do one by one, and this 60-track project would just be painful in the time to come.

Also, if I freeze the instrument tracks, can I directly load the wav. files on the same project that I did the tracking on?

what version of Cubase?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:what version of Cubase?
This is 9 Pro.

use export selected tracks. It will make a single audio file out of each individual track.

SJ_Digriz wrote:use export selected tracks. It will make a single audio file out of each individual track.
It's giving me an option to save as an xml only. Is this the right format?

that's the import file with all the metadata.

You might be able to use the Render In Place function as well ...actually it's probably easier that way. I think if you set it to output one event, it will make 1 new track per previous track into a consolidated clip.

SJ_Digriz wrote:You might be able to use the Render In Place function as well ...actually it's probably easier that way. I think if you set it to output one event, it will make 1 new track per previous track into a consolidated clip.
So the render in place function is the same as exporting the track as wav and importing it back?

leesango wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:You might be able to use the Render In Place function as well ...actually it's probably easier that way. I think if you set it to output one event, it will make 1 new track per previous track into a consolidated clip.
So the render in place function is the same as exporting the track as wav and importing it back?
With some options for what signal path and what options you want to include.

File > Export > Audio Mixdown
Then in left upper corner select 'Channel Batch Export' and then select all tracks that you want to export.

leesango wrote: Also, if I freeze the instrument tracks, can I directly load the wav. files on the same project that I did the tracking on?
You never see freeze result in a visual way in Cubase.

I think the freeze make files in project pool - and is available to drag and drop on new tracks if you feel like doing that.

If you want full control of arpeggiated midi - re-record that to a new midi track. This way it's exactly the same no matter how you play it back later.

lfm wrote:
leesango wrote: Also, if I freeze the instrument tracks, can I directly load the wav. files on the same project that I did the tracking on?
You never see freeze result in a visual way in Cubase.

I think the freeze make files in project pool - and is available to drag and drop on new tracks if you feel like doing that.

If you want full control of arpeggiated midi - re-record that to a new midi track. This way it's exactly the same no matter how you play it back later.
Wrong, the files are in the project folder and can be used in the current project. Was a workaround before bounce in place came about.

leesango wrote:Hi guys. I currently have a project and it consists of bunch of midi tracks for VSTis (the others are samples that are wav files, so audio track), and because there are many sequenced or arpeggiator-activated tracks, it's kinda painful to mix in this circumstance, so I need a figure out to convert these to wav files first. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to export all the tracks at once to wav file. I currently only know how to do one by one, and this 60-track project would just be painful in the time to come.

Also, if I freeze the instrument tracks, can I directly load the wav. files on the same project that I did the tracking on?
Bounce some of those tracks as sub-mix (group) tracks - for example, if you have 4 tracks of cymbals, sub-mix them, EQ and process them to a single track.

It's a judgement call, mainly whatever works in the song.

This is very old school, I know, but it''s classic mixing technique.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”