Sonic Anomaly! OMG!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow!

I just found these great freeware plugins. Really deserves more attention. Also the UI looks fantastic.

http://sonic.supermaailma.net/plugins

Way to go! :party: :party: :party: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Yep, some of them are nice. Bass Professor Mk 2 is the standout for me.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Yep, some of them are nice. Bass Professor Mk 2 is the standout for me.
Wow I was not aware he (they ? she ?) updated BP to MK 2.

I was not impressed with MK1 (neither was I impressed with SLAX, too).

BP MK2 and SLAX update are tools that help to form (along with Unlimited and a Transpire) a mighty tool set - and for FREE !

THANKS !
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

To me it's not even a question of whether these are free - they would still be great if they were payware.

Really great limiter. I have yet to try out all of the plugins.
Go MuLab!

How have i never heard of this company??
These are some awesome free Goodies. Big Thanks to OP! Gonna Play with these a bit tonight.

Cool, haven't seem these before..

I do like the sound of some of these as well. If they were more stable in Sonar Plat I'd use them.

TMaudio wrote:I do like the sound of some of these as well. If they were more stable in Sonar Plat I'd use them.
According to bedroomproducersblog, they were previously not so stable in certain hosts (if I understand the wording correctly), but have now been updated with a new code library, so perhaps they work for you now.
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017/09 ... st-plugin/
Go MuLab!

Impodiam wrote:How have i never heard of this company??
These are some awesome free Goodies. Big Thanks to OP! Gonna Play with these a bit tonight.
Well, thanks. :) Actually I hesitated to create this thread because I don't want to clutter the KVR forum with chatty stuff, but I believe that these plugins have been a bit overlooked so I made an exception.

In addition to what I wrote above, I think that the UX design seems very clever. For example, the Dead duck stuff (great BTW) are just about sounding as good as possible, whereas the behavior of those plugins is very traditional (I think). With the Sonic Anomaly plugins, a lot of thought seems to have been going into how to establish plugins with ease of use in mind and with a great workflow as well. (Not that I'm an expert on FX/mastering, it's just my impression.)
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:
TMaudio wrote:I do like the sound of some of these as well. If they were more stable in Sonar Plat I'd use them.
According to bedroomproducersblog, they were previously not so stable in certain hosts (if I understand the wording correctly), but have now been updated with a new code library, so perhaps they work for you now.
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017/09 ... st-plugin/
Unfortunately these crashes just happened last week. I had also updated but to no avail. The instability mostly appears in a real session with other plugins.

TMaudio wrote: Unfortunately these crashes just happened last week. I had also updated but to no avail. The instability mostly appears in a real session with other plugins.
Hmmm... Okay, good to know also if something else fails. I guess we can add "temperamental" to the list of features then. :lol:
Go MuLab!

One of the reasons why some people didn't hear of Sonic Anomaly, at least here on KVR is because the first thread on KVR about them was called
"Very promising looking freeware plugins"
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=473886

it's currently at 5th page and it has 5 pages. So, people would just keep coming to that thread to discuss about those plugins.
If the thread was called: Sonic Anomaly plugins
then people would pay more attention and developer's name would stick in their head not to mention that developers themselves should have created their own thread in the first place and then use it to notify people about new plugins, updated plugins, etc.

brainzistor wrote:One of the reasons why some people didn't hear of Sonic Anomaly, at least here on KVR is because the first thread on KVR about them was called
"Very promising looking freeware plugins"
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=473886

it's currently at 5th page and it has 5 pages. So, people would just keep coming to that thread to discuss about those plugins.
If the thread was called: Sonic Anomaly plugins
then people would pay more attention and developer's name would stick in their head not to mention that developers themselves should have created their own thread in the first place and then use it to notify people about new plugins, updated plugins, etc.
Yes, I agree they are really secretive (also on their own website). It's really a shame, considering their product line. I tried contacting them but the contact form failed. :(

I haven't seen their products in the News section here at KVR either (but I might have just missed them).

Anyway - now we know about them. :)
Go MuLab!

Tried the transient processor, I don't know many of them that are both free and as good sounding.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

Guillaume Piolat wrote:Tried the transient processor, I don't know many of them that are both free and as good sounding.
Tu es de Grenoble? Ma mère a vit a Grenoble (Belmont) il y a vingt ans, et j'ai étudié le francais à la université pour une êté (mais comme tu vois, j'ai oublié beaucoup...).

Hope to get back to Grenoble to teach IT stuff at the university - in English... :)

/Petter
Go MuLab!

Return to “Effects”