Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

This looks great! Sadly, I won’t have time to try it out until the weekend. :cry:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

recursive one wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:There's a GUI size selector in the menu. Have you tried that?
I looked for a menu. I can't find one anywhere because I CAN'T READ THE DAMN THING
But at least the volume knob is big enough ... or not?

:wink:
From the marketing email.

''Additionally, we implemented scalable GUI in Thorn, so it can perfectly fit any screen you might have, from 720p up to 5K.''

Good enough for me, downloading.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wagtunes wrote:Of course I made a decent point. But I'm me, so I'm not allowed to.

God, how I hate this place.
No it was not about your point (which is valid) but about the way you started ranting in the 4th post a freshly created thread and kept doing it for 3 pages. That's not how someone tries to place constructive criticism.

I think few would have an issue with you making a valid point.
However you then said you deleted it, but you will hang around and around and around and around this thread.
If you deleted it and moved on, I know I for one would have no issue with it.
If only you could.
rsp
sound sculptist

:?: so weird. Normal is too small (1080P screen here), so that text becomes blurry/unreadable (to some extend) and the next step up (large) doesn't fit on that that same screen...

Other then that; pretty ok sound. Not baffled by it though. Seems a bit too late (Serum (latest update), Avenger, Icarus) or perhaps a bit too 'compact'. I would love to see 2 more LFO's and MSEG's.

The drag'n'drop, fx section, mod matrix pages and overall look, are nice, imho.
Last edited by exmatproton on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:I think few would have an issue with you making a valid point.
However you then said you deleted it, but you will hang around and around and around and around this thread.
If you deleted it and moved on, I know I for one would have no issue with it.
If only you could.
rsp
+1

AndreasH wrote:lots of inspiring sounds without punishing the cpu
Good to know the CPU hit is managable :)

I get an 500 Internal Server Error when I try to reach his site. :x

EDIT1: Works now.

EDIT2: Oh dear, a 416MB download file... :o
Last edited by e@rs on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sounds crystal clear. Haven't demoed it yet though.

Numanoid wrote:
16 voices with oversampling (osc) gives me 39% in daw usage (core i7 4790K). That's about 10% more then Diva in the divine setting with the "cheap" filter (UHBIE). Diva on multimode uses about 42%. So i guess Thorn is kinda in the middle of that. Not that easy on the CPU

exmatproton wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
16 voices with oversampling (osc) gives me 39% in daw usage (core i7 4790K). That's about 10% more then Diva in the divine setting with the "cheap" filter (UHBIE). Diva on multimode uses about 42%. So i guess Thorn is kinda in the middle of that. Not that easy on the CPU
Everything is relative, maybe he compared it to Diversion. He probably develops on a Cray :hihi:

It looks like there is a bug with the font:

With all the modulators, like glitch seq, arp, effcts, lfos, etc

How much of Tantra is sort of built into Thorn?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Everything is relative, maybe he compared it to Diversion. He probably develops on a Cray :hihi:
Sure thing :)

It is not that heavy. And this is with oversampling. Could be worse for sure.

@exmatproton
Check settings -> optimize polyphony
Smart way to reduce cpu usage.

Return to “Instruments”