cooking up new things (hecticalm for Sugarbyte's Factory is released!)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

>>>it's finally out!<<<
as part of my THANK YOU to all supporters, I have gone ahead and launched a BLACK SATURDAY campaign that will last thru 12/2/2017... what that means is that anything you like in the bb store is 50% off the tag at checkout if you use the "SOBLACK" discount code!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIlR7xT ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by blortblort on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

name it. and bring it on... factory's a great, weird, odd synth... and i love finding places to use it. but it needs more soundbanks (or, cough, any 3rd-party soundbanks).

i never visit the soundware forum. please post when this is available on the instruments forum, or... pm me.

meanwhile, make it so...

fisherKing wrote:name it. and bring it on... factory's a great, weird, odd synth... and i love finding places to use it. but it needs more soundbanks (or, cough, any 3rd-party soundbanks).

i never visit the soundware forum. please post when this is available on the instruments forum, or... pm me.

meanwhile, make it so...
work IS still in progress... we're up to 24 now... but I don't think I've ever published anything with less than 64 presets ;]

That said- I *have* had enough time with the beast to find the parts I like and the parts I was a little surprised to find lacking.
I LOVE the massive amounts of modulation possibilities. It's nearly an exercise in choice paralysis every time I start a new sound as there are so many OBVIOUS options ;P
and I super love the jitter on the wavetable drone osc option :D
but...
I find the lack of panning for individual oscillators a bit surprising... There are definitely ways to make your sounds "move" but they are all "after the fact" really. Also, it would be nice to be able to choose what oscillator you would like to send thru what FX... (IE- set OSC 1 signal to send to FX 1 and 2 and OSC 2 signal to send to FX2 and 3, etc)
but these are small things in view of what is already available in Factory!

yeah, it's an odd beast. and 64 patches sounds like a reasonable minimum. now stop playing with the forum and get to work... before i spend my $ on food (or something equally foolish). 8)

I'm interested by this too ! :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Me too!

dude... where is it? stop sleeping (i mean, literally) and get this out! :ud:

Just checking in to let you guys know this is still a work in progress ... we’ve had some health issues and surgery etc. around here But all is good and things are getting back on track so please hang in there! progress is being made... And I’m still squeezing cool noises out of the beast that is Factory ;]

This is most likely going to come out before Thanksgiving

:clap:

blortblort wrote:Just checking in to let you guys know this is still a work in progress ... we’ve had some health issues and surgery etc. around here But all is good and things are getting back on track so please hang in there! progress is being made... And I’m still squeezing cool noises out of the beast that is Factory ;]

This is most likely going to come out before Thanksgiving

the rule is: health first, soundsets second. always...

how's this coming? it's exciting, because the very-odd (& very-cool) factory needs more presets. so, just checking in on it (and hope all else is well).

fisherKing wrote:how's this coming? it's exciting, because the very-odd (& very-cool) factory needs more presets. so, just checking in on it (and hope all else is well).
All is well if not hectic as hell:
trying to arrange to get a rather large Christmas gift for daughter who is now driving age ;P ...
still contending with family health issues that NOW include *me* (not looking fwd to revisiting same surgery for my knee that I had 9 years ago! Merry Christmas for me...as I may be recouping during that time IF I can continue to put it off until the LAST minute: finally have the deductible met for the year so cost should not be too egregious ;P)
and just went *permanent* (vs contractor) on the job I've had over 10 years [yay for actual paid vacation time eventually!]
so yeah... a lot cooking
but- I am really beginning to like working with Factory though (for me...) the oscillators take some getting use to. The power here is in the modulation section. Nothing is really off limits. it is so cool to be able to set up extremely unstable modulations (modulation sources can affect themselves, etc ;] ) and you can get some very organic results with some of these unstable relationships.
I *have* had some issues with getting consistent gain structure on some patches (as morphing/evolving sounds can yield some unpredictably loud outputs sometimes!) but I am able to rein these in ...just makes programming go a little slower.
I'll try to have some more audio up this week.
Hope you guys like the finished product and I hope the waiting is not building up expectations too much!!!
;]

bb

good luck with everything, really. sorry, am not known for my patience...
factory is an odd one, but i keep finding places to use it (a good sign). anyway, looking forward to this.

no worries, Sir!
was not trying to make YOU feel guilty for being impatient... *I* am impatient that I cannot crank these presets out more quickly!
Just wanted you to know that despite my recent Longmire addiction (good Netflix series ;] ) I am working pretty actively on these sounds. hopefully by Thanksgiving I'll have a new addition to the store!

don't make me come there and disconnect your tv..... :D

Return to “Soundware”