Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

And this is why I try to keep away from threads announcing new synths that aren't done yet because you never know how long it's going to be until they come out. I made that mistake with Flexion (it's like 3 years now) and I will never make it again. Whenever this thing comes out, it comes out. I can't worry about or, for that matter, care about it.

With age comes discipline. Or not. :P

chk071 wrote:With age comes discipline. Or not. :P
Definitely not when it comes to a synth making great FM and supersaws.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

:D

Waiting eagerly to demo it here too. I'm pretty sure Sonic Academy know that people are eager to try it out anyway though. :)

It's been 84 years :'c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:lol:

wagtunes wrote:And this is why I try to keep away from threads announcing new synths that aren't done yet
you didn't try hard enough

emef wrote:
wagtunes wrote:And this is why I try to keep away from threads announcing new synths that aren't done yet
you didn't try hard enough
Yes, major fail here.

So, will it have 0df filters and such modern things to compete with the latest and greatest? :)

How much will it cost? Ana 1 still is the same price as ever, so you don't have the Papen upgrade policy, obviously, which is a good thing I suppose :hihi:

I have had some money sitting in my PP account forever, and Ana 2 seems like a rather complete synth :) But I am not sure about its sound, yet, judging from the few videos... Which other synths does it get close to in terms of sound character?

I'm still patiently waiting for this new synth to arrive. What's the current projected release date? (Did I miss it, I admittedly scanned through the thread so I may have looked past it)

fluffy_little_something wrote: How much will it cost?
If i had to do guess work, i'd say it'll cost 149 €. As ANA 1 had much less features, and obviously was rather meant as a synth to comprehend the stuff taught in the Sonic Academy tutorials, and this is rather a synth to compete with the usual suspects, i'd think it'll be equally priced. Of course, i'd like to be disabused, but, i doubt it'd be below the 100 € tag.

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, will it have 0df filters and such modern things to compete with the latest and greatest? :)

How much will it cost? Ana 1 still is the same price as ever, so you don't have the Papen upgrade policy, obviously, which is a good thing I suppose :hihi:

I have had some money sitting in my PP account forever, and Ana 2 seems like a rather complete synth :) But I am not sure about its sound, yet, judging from the few videos... Which other synths does it get close to in terms of sound character?
Not asking this to be a wise guy, but does it matter what synths ANA 2 sounds like? The only synth, to the best of my knowledge, that you own and like is Sylenth1. So I have to assume that all other synths ever made fall short for you. If that's the case, comparing ANA 2 to another synth is pointless.

Judge it on its own merits and how you like the sound of IT and not how it sounds compared to XYZ.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

chk071 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: How much will it cost?
If i had to do guess work, i'd say it'll cost 149 €. As ANA 1 had much less features, and obviously was rather meant as a synth to comprehend the stuff taught in the Sonic Academy tutorials, and this is rather a synth to compete with the usual suspects, i'd think it'll be equally priced. Of course, i'd like to be disabused, but, i doubt it'd be below the 100 € tag.
That's a little steep. I hope that it ends up being a tad less expensive than what you're predicting. I'll easily pay that much for a u-he synth, but at least as far as ANA is concerned, it's not up to u-he's quality. (No offense intended, Sonic Academy. My main concern with ANA is the crazy aliasing...)

wagtunes wrote:Not asking this to be a wise guy, but does it matter what synths ANA 2 sounds like? The only synth, to the best of my knowledge, that you own and like is Sylenth1. So I have to assume that all other synths ever made fall short for you. If that's the case, comparing ANA 2 to another synth is pointless.

Judge it on its own merits and how you like the sound of IT and not how it sounds compared to XYZ.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.
That is exactly the point. Does it sound as good as Sylenth1? If so, I might switch to Ana 2, because, judging from the user interface, it has a couple of nice additional features I have been missing in Sylenth1.

It does have an Oberheim filter, so naturally wonder if the result indeed sounds close to an Oberheim or whether it is just marketing babble.

Return to “Instruments”