Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

chk071 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically I am waiting for a modern, complete version of Sylenth1 :hihi:
It's already there. It's called Spire. ;)

Just like with anything else, don't expect it to sound exactly like Sylenth1 though. IMO, it sounds better.
Well, I like the Ana and Ana 2 user interfaces much more than Spire's.

for me i like sylenth1 for what it is but i would love a modernized sylenth1 with eg wavetable functionality and more warmth. sylenth1 is great but a bit thin for my taste. hope ana2 delivers.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It does sound more digital and polished than Sylenth1 in my view, more Tone2esque :hihi: Not sure yet if that has to do with the patches picked for the videos or whether it is the sound character as such.

fluffy_little_something wrote:It does sound more digital and polished than Sylenth1 in my view, more Tone2esque :hihi: Not sure yet if that has to do with the patches picked for the videos or whether it is the sound character as such.
oh exactly what i dont wanted to read ;), maybe i need to wait for another synth then :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

fluffy_little_something wrote:It does sound more digital and polished than Sylenth1 in my view, more Tone2esque :hihi: Not sure yet if that has to do with the patches picked for the videos or whether it is the sound character as such.
It does warm too. The new analogue style filters (Moog, Roland, EMS, Korg etc) are superb.

tehlord wrote:
It does warm too. The new analogue style filter (Moog, Roland, EMS, Korg etc) are superb.
Have you tried it yourself? What's the CPU load compared to other popular synths?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
tehlord wrote:
It does warm too. The new analogue style filter (Moog, Roland, EMS, Korg etc) are superb.
Have you tried it yourself? What's the CPU load compared to other popular synths?
CPU use is about the same as Serum etc. I would say it's actually an improvement over ANA1. Definitely not as high as Diva, nowhere near.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but it's a mixture of less digital/top-endy stuff. A selection of some of the factory presets I've done.

https://soundcloud.com/bluffmunkey/soni ... oundscapes

Thanks for the audio.
Strange sound character, a bit like Dune 2, modern and big, but cool (as in not quite cold) somehow...

I couldn't tell you why, but to me it sounds like a good digital hardware synth than a plugin. It sounds really thick and up close. Genuinely my favourite plugin synth of the moment. Next step is to record a load of samples to use as oscillator sources.

tehlord wrote:
tehlord wrote:
CPU use is about the same as Serum etc. I would say it's actually an improvement over ANA1. Definitely not as high as Diva, nowhere near.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but it's a mixture of less digital/top-endy stuff. A selection of some of the factory presets I've done.

Nice. I honestly don't know what it sounds like. I'm hearing some Serum, some Tone 2 Icarus specifically and, believe it or not, some Omnisphere. Of course that could simply be because of whatever samples you're using, if any. But some of those soundscapes remind me of the stuff I can get out of Omnisphere.

Definitely an odd mix of textures to this synth. Not as cold as Serum. Not warm like a Diva or a Legend, obviously. Brighter than Nave. Has some dirt to it that I'm not used to finding in too many synths, especially the low end.

Absolutely doesn't sound exactly like anything I own but has shades of a few things.

Will definitely be waiting for this one.

Oh, and IMO, blows the doors off of Sylenth1.

wagtunes wrote:
tehlord wrote:
tehlord wrote:

Nice. I honestly don't know what it sounds like. I'm hearing some Serum, some Tone 2 Icarus specifically and, believe it or not, some Omnisphere. Of course that could simply be because of whatever samples you're using, if any. But some of those soundscapes remind me of the stuff I can get out of Omnisphere.

Definitely an odd mix of textures to this synth. Not as cold as Serum. Not warm like a Diva or a Legend, obviously. Brighter than Nave. Has some dirt to it that I'm not used to finding in too many synths, especially the low end.

Absolutely doesn't sound exactly like anything I own but has shades of a few things.

Will definitely be waiting for this one.

Oh, and IMO, blows the doors off of Sylenth1.
am the same opinion, not at the omnisphere part but that it's not as plastic/cold but also not so warm sounding. i miss some bright warm low ends

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and IMO, blows the doors off of Sylenth1.
How would you even know? I thought you never had it 8)

If for instance warmth is what someone is after, I don't think Ana 2 will blow the doors off of Sylenth1.

Where do those cold, edgy sounds come from? Are there any wavetables?

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and IMO, blows the doors off of Sylenth1.
How would you even know? I thought you never had it 8)

If for instance warmth is what someone is after, I don't think Ana 2 will blow the doors off of Sylenth1.
Because I demo'd it. I've also heard more audios of that overhyped synth than probably any other synth on the planet. Go look up Sylenth1 on on Google and see how many results you get.

I never understood the hoopla. To me, it sounds like an old synth with a fair sound engine at best.

I mean why do you think it's one of the few synths I haven't bought?

wagtunes wrote:Because I demo'd it. I've also heard more audios of that overhyped synth than probably any other synth on the planet. Go look up Sylenth1 on on Google and see how many results you get.

I never understood the hoopla. To me, it sounds like an old synth with a fair sound engine at best.

I mean why do you think it's one of the few synths I haven't bought?
Um, because the good patches have already been made by others and you could not make any money from it :wink:

It depends on what one wants. Of course it can't make such sounds that Ana 2 obviously makes. But I still like it for making classic synth sounds from the early 80s, e.g. background pads, Moog basses, synth brass etc.

Return to “Instruments”