Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote:
justin3am wrote:Congrats on the new place! Looks like a nice space to work.
chaosWyrM wrote:
heres a closer look:

This is a computer case for someone who does not have a cat! :lol:
lol....we have 3.

i go through a fair amount of canned air. still....i find it easier to keep clean than having all the fur and dust collect inside a closed case. i will admit i have had one or two incidents of critters chewing on wires.
What about noise?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

i cant see any speakers so maybe just headphones?

noise is the same as a regular case. the 2 little spot cool fans are near silent and also not really necessary at all, not to mention they dont do much just a touch of circulation. so the only real noise is coming from the cpu fan. its what you would expect. my gfx card fans only come on when needed....and the power supply is what it is.

all in all it might even be a bit quieter than a normal case considering theres no real case fans.

as for the speakers....theyre up on the window sill above the desk for now....and behind me at the other end of the room. im not sure what my final placement is going to be for those yet....ill probably wall mount them all. i do most of my music stuff at night so i mainly use headphones for that. besides...ive been using this kind of a set up for so long that i can compensate accordingly for poor room acoustics (for the most part....thats what the mastering engineer is for anyway :wink: ).
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:i go through a fair amount of canned air.
https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED5 ... ds=datavac

I think they sold them for a bit cheaper back when I got mine, still, highly recommended.

Elektron RTYM.jpg
MOOG Filter.jpg
OPUS 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ReMOTE SL25.jpg
Mono Grot Box.jpg
Phillips 777 Direct Control.jpg
:phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arturia Microbrute.jpg
Doepfer Dark Energy & Dark Time.jpg
Korg Monotron Delay.jpg

tcc_rack.jpg
tcc_studio_30092017.jpg
Umbira.jpg

tcc_frog.jpg
Teisco Synthesizer 60F ENV.jpg
tcc_genelec_1029A.jpg
:wheee:

PUSH2.jpg
tcc_nord_micro_modular.jpg
ATH-M50X AND BOSS RCL-10.jpg

Never shown my new 12-core Mac Pro w/D700s that I got back in June. I got it for work related stuff, and I know I could have waited and got a threadripper blah blah, but I like using a Mac.
:borg:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
MOOG Filter.jpg
I've been wondering about getting one of those for two things: sending tracks out from my DAW through an effect loop with this filter and back in again, for hands-on control and quality filtering; and for filtering VA synths and my little modular, which have underwhelming filters. How are you using yours, and do you feel you're getting significant mileage out of it?

that's an old view of my house from google earth. The part in red is an empty mudroom 9 1/2 feet by 8 1/2 feet, the blue is my studio. (the room that the mudroom is off of is the living room). For a while this person stored all the stuff we went to Florida to get last winter but now both are out of house/life. My studio has a door into the living room as well and as pics I posted before show I have floor monitors in the living room and I have my DAW connected to my living room stereo (coax digital) so the living room is also a nice 'live' room with enough space to move around.

Now that I have the mudroom back and we dont use that door for entry to the house anyhow I am moving my 4x12 and my 1x12 guitar cabs in there instead of relying on the iso cab it also lets me mic a cab with a large diaphragm condenser from a distance as well. It seems my studio is oozing out into the house, I'll doubt I'll ever need it but this room would be a good drum room too. The room has electric baseboard heaters but I dont use my electric heat, however by just cracking the door some the heat from the living room heats the mudroom (the living room is ridiculously hot compared to the rest of the house)

For decades I had just a corner of a room for my studio, now three rooms and there is a basement too underneath where either there or my two car garage a full band could jam (basement is also good for cabling). Makes me happy 8)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Arturia Microbrute.jpg
Doepfer Dark Energy & Dark Time.jpg
Korg Monotron Delay.jpg

Nice looking studio, and great clarity with the photographs.
What camera do you use (sorry, I know this is off on a tangent)?

Cheers.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”