Vintage tonewheel organ: GG Audio-Blue3 has been updated to 1.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyway, as Blue3 doesn't appear to be sample based, as VB3 is, they could probably add tuning quite easily. I just don't miss it as it's already in the only tuning I'd ever want, just as real Hammonds are. But sure, no real reason not to do it.

SMH wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Which all goes to indicate that it might be a good idea after all to be able to tune a software tonewheel clone. If, for instance, you were called upon to play a Hammond organ concerto with an orchestra in Hungary or Sweden. ;-)

I wonder if the London Symphony Orchestra just stuck with 440 after the cooperation with Jon Lord?

/Joachim
If you were playing Hammond organ with an orchestra, I'd hope it would be on a real Hammond and then the orchestra would tune to you (if they weren't already). :)
That's why I suspect that playing with Jon Lord and Deep Purple made the LSO stick to 440 ever hereafter… :-D
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

A Global Master Tune would certainly be a welcome addition ;)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Global Tuning is already in-progress. Sleep well. :)

GG Audio wrote:Global Tuning is already in-progress. Sleep well. :)
Wonderful! :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

SMH wrote:Anyway, as Blue3 doesn't appear to be sample based, as VB3 is, they could probably add tuning quite easily. I just don't miss it as it's already in the only tuning I'd ever want, just as real Hammonds are. But sure, no real reason not to do it.
Quoted from the VB3 website:
Also, you should know that VB3 doesn't use any samples. All the sound it produces is 100% calculated in real-time. The waveforms are modeled after an accurate examination of actual electromagnetic organ's output signals, and digitally reproduced with the help of mathematical formulas and computations.
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote:
SMH wrote:Anyway, as Blue3 doesn't appear to be sample based, as VB3 is, they could probably add tuning quite easily. I just don't miss it as it's already in the only tuning I'd ever want, just as real Hammonds are. But sure, no real reason not to do it.
Quoted from the VB3 website:
Also, you should know that VB3 doesn't use any samples. All the sound it produces is 100% calculated in real-time. The waveforms are modeled after an accurate examination of actual electromagnetic organ's output signals, and digitally reproduced with the help of mathematical formulas and computations.
Ah, thanks, must have forgotten that. I was assuming it was samples as the tuning is tied to the tonewheel set you choose.

EDIT: Oops, no it's not. Must be ancient memories of B4 II. Sorry for the confusion.

GG Audio wrote:Global Tuning is already in-progress. Sleep well. :)
Now that've you have added Global Tuning, could you extend the range from 415.3 to 466.2?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

SMH wrote:
bite_me wrote:
SMH wrote: EDIT: Oops, no it's not. Must be ancient memories of B4 II. Sorry for the confusion.
This one also wasn't sampled...

wagtunes wrote:The word "blue" is too generic to trademark, copyright or anything.
How about "apple"?

Or “queen” ;)

Zombie Queen wrote:
wagtunes wrote:The word "blue" is too generic to trademark, copyright or anything.
How about "apple"?
And you mean "trademark", not copyright. You can't copyright a word. You can try to get away with trademarking a common word though.

https://www.wired.com/2012/03/facebook-book-trademark/

Zombie Queen wrote:
How about "apple"?
I gather Yoko did pretty well out of asserting ownership of that name.

It looks like I forgot to update this thread with the latest update to 1.2.0, so here goes:

This update includes the 2 most requested features from users: Global Tuning and Sustain Pedal support. A user can access both of these features in the Settings dialog.

The Tuning control allows a user to shift Blue3's tuning anywhere from A=435 to A=445 in 1 step increments. There's also a small text display in the bottom left corner that displays the tuning setting when it's NOT at A=440.

Most organists know that a real Hammond B3 doesn't exactly adhere to a true equal tempered scale. On a real Hammond and Blue3, the only note that's exactly on pitch is the A key, all other keys are slightly off because of the way the tonewheel gears are manufactured. This is one of the many tiny details that give a Hammond (and Blue3) it's unique sound. When a user shifts the Tuning control, all of the tonewheels still maintain the offset and ratios but now at the lower/higher pitch.

Also in the Settings dialog is the new Sustain Pedal control. It lets a user use their sustain pedal to hold notes on Blue3, like a piano or synth. The control allows a choice between sustaining just the Upper manual, just the Lower Manual, just the Pedals, or all of the manuals. The purists can also just leave it off. Both the Tuning and Sustain Pedal settings are Global and are NOT saved with presets.

Way to go, GG-Audio :tu:

Return to “Instruments”