Apollo, MB-7, and buffers

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using the MB-7 on a track in a song in Digital Performer (9.51). Inside the MB-7 i have an instance of a UAD plugin (an amp sim being used on just the low end of a wide-range instrument). The buffer setting in DP is 512, but when i open the sequence i get the message in the attached jpg. (Ignore the "missing plugins dialog, it's not related). Performance in the sequence is quite degraded, with edits taking a lot longer than they normally do. I've been in touch with UAD and their answer is:

"You are basically instantiating our UAD-2 plug-in in another plug-in (Blue Cat Audio's MB-7) instantiated in Digital Performer which is the exact issue causing the conflict in buffer sizes. If there is a separate buffer setting for Blue Cat Audio's MB-7 then try setting it to 512 samples or instantiate our plug-in in Digital Performer outside of the Blue Cat Audio's MB-7 plug-in."

Is there a separate buffer setting for the MB-7? I can't find one. BC claims the MB-7 adds no latency, but something is going wrong here.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can’t you just set DP to 2048?
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

This is odd: buffers are passed directly from the host when possible, so we do not change the buffer size - that's why there is not setting for it.

Could it be a problem due to latency compensation? By the way, which version (VST or AU) of our plug-in are you using, and which version of the UAD plug-in are you using inside?

I am using the latest UAD release, v. 9.3

The MB-7 reports as v. 3.0, I am using the stereo component.

I deleted the UAD plugin (UAD Ampeg B15N), saved the project, reopened it - no message. As soon as I re-add the plugin to the MB-7, the message pops up.

Thanks, let me know if you need any more info.

btw - it's a great plugin! doing exactly what i want here, sonically. also, loving the Destructor.

tonycore wrote:I am using the latest UAD release, v. 9.3
The MB-7 reports as v. 3.0, I am using the stereo component.
Actually, I meant which type(s) of plug-ins do you use (VST, VST3 or Audio Unit)?

of course - sorry. I use the AU

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”