Sylenth1 arpeggiator - sync to Ableton Live

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, not sure if I'm missing a trick but I'm trying to play a Sylenth1 patch containing an arpeggiator as a VST in Ableton Live 9, and it won't sync to the host tempo. It plays at the right tempo but isn't locked in so if I don't hit the note exactly at the right time the arps are all slightly out of time. I sing and trigger loops as I'm playing so with a lot going on it's not always guaranteed to hit it right every time. I've tried putting Ableton's arp in front of Sylenth it but with loads of fiddling I can't get the patterns to sound the same.

Any ideas what I can do to lock Sylenth into the host tempo?

Cheers.

Hi,

Sylenth1 locks to host tempo, but not to song position (which seems to be what you're after). It'll start the arpeggiator at the moment you press a key (so you're not bound to a fixed position).

For what you're doing, I think the best option would be to use Ableton's arpeggiator. Just take a good look at how the arp is constructed, it shouldn't be too hard to replicate it.

Hey thanks for the reply. It's a shame as the arp is one of the main reasons I went for Sylenth, apart from the sound of course. As I produce in Logic but play live with Ableton, I wanted everything contained in each patch including the arps, so I could just switch it between software. NI Massive locks to song position in Ableton so I thought this would do the same.

Any idea if this kind of sync is something for a future update? It must be a frustration to loads of people who sequence stuff with arps in the studio but then realise you can't reliably play it live.

Cheers.

Also just realised I've been talking about using Sylenth's arpeggiator but I'm using it more as a step sequencer to create rhythms on single notes, so Ableton's arp isn't really a substitute.

I'll try playing with some clips in Ableton to trigger the arp sequence on time.

Return to “LennarDigital”