Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

Beatmachinery
KVRer

6 posts since 8 Nov, 2017

Postby Beatmachinery; Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:04 pm MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

Has anyone tested MARIAN PCIe cards??? Any info about performance and Latency?

Im very interested in these cards cause they offer me an 8 analog output solution.

The little info I've found says that they are really good.

Any experiences?
wickfut
KVRist

329 posts since 22 Sep, 2015

Postby wickfut; Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 am Re: MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

I have a Seraph AD2, what exactly do you want to know?

I only use mine at 24bit 44.1. I generally set the latency to about 3ms in Cubase 9 pro to be safe with some of the more heavy plugs.

The software mixer/router confuses the shit out of me so I don't use it.

Marian claim its ASIO is multi-client but I can't run Cubase ASIO and any other audio together, even say Resonic using ASIO.

I compared the DA converters in the AD2 to my Mytek 192 DSD and Dangerous Source. I can't hear a difference in semi treated room on PSI A25m mastering monitors. Sold the Mytek. (the AD2 DA is a higher spec 32bit converter vs 24bit converter over the Seraph 8, not sure if it'll be audible though)

Windows 10 64. Never had any software issues, driver issues or major dropouts which wasn't my fault.

As you may tell, I really like this soundcard. So much that I'm expanding to another couple of Seraph 8+XLR after xmas.

Anything else?
Beatmachinery
KVRer

Postby Beatmachinery; Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm Re: MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

wickfut wrote:I have a Seraph AD2, what exactly do you want to know?

I only use mine at 24bit 44.1. I generally set the latency to about 3ms in Cubase 9 pro to be safe with some of the more heavy plugs.

The software mixer/router confuses the shit out of me so I don't use it.

Marian claim its ASIO is multi-client but I can't run Cubase ASIO and any other audio together, even say Resonic using ASIO.

I compared the DA converters in the AD2 to my Mytek 192 DSD and Dangerous Source. I can't hear a difference in semi treated room on PSI A25m mastering monitors. Sold the Mytek. (the AD2 DA is a higher spec 32bit converter vs 24bit converter over the Seraph 8, not sure if it'll be audible though)

Windows 10 64. Never had any software issues, driver issues or major dropouts which wasn't my fault.

As you may tell, I really like this soundcard. So much that I'm expanding to another couple of Seraph 8+XLR after xmas.

Anything else?

I want to know about latency round trips with 64 and 32 buffer sizes? do you have any data?
wickfut
KVRist

Postby wickfut; Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 am Re: MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

nope, sorry.

@44.1khz 24 bit

I just put my buffer size to 32 in cubase and got noise/clicks when playing Halion 6.

I got 0.748ms on both input and output latency. Turning off multi-processor support did reduce the clicks.

Set the buffer to 64 and it doubled to 1.5ms in /out

setting the sample rate to 96khz and the buffer to 64 gives me 0.677ms with clicks.

I know there's software latency checker but my soundcard is in a rackmounted PC which is screwed inside a desk and I'd have to rip a lot of stuff out to get to it to wire the loop for the latency tests.

As I've previously stated, I set the buffer to 128 so to get 3ms and to be safe that I get no clicks. Works fine with Virus Ti control also.
Beatmachinery
KVRer

Postby Beatmachinery; Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 am Re: MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

Very interesting... That latency roundtrip is almost the same as an RME PCIe card. Which CPU are you using? Intel?
wickfut
KVRist

Postby wickfut; Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 am Re: MARIAN Seraph 8 , Experiences?

i7 6700k,

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration