One Synth Challenge #104 - Zebralette by u-he (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

Congrats to the winners and all the participants :) :tu:

Well done winners - it was a high quality field - you have done amazingly well :clap:
Really great bunch of tunes. Congrats to all :)
And cheers Urs for the synth!

Congratulations to all participants, especially top 5. :clap: :clap:

All of Top 5 had very deserving entries to win. :clap:

Overall, A very good, creative, musical OSC month. One of toughest month to vote, though.

Thank you all of you for voting my track 4 5s, 22 4s, 15 3s and 5 2s... which gave the track enough confidence to stand at 16th position.

Thanks BJ for runnimg the show with lots of efforts, being neutral and without failing a single time in timeline. We all appreciate that it is not an easy task, when we all have our personal engagements.

And finally, U-he, Thanks for a very light on CPU, a very capable freeware synth.

To all of you: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Regards,
Dee.P.Tree

P.S.: I am not sure I will be able to make a track using Thorn, due to bad health. See you all very soon. :hug:

Well done again Photonic :clap: The "shine" on your tracks is without equal. :hail:

Good to finally spend some time unravelling this complex and somewhat mysterious oscillator :wheee:

Congratulations to all the winners! :clap:
I am amazed at the result of my contribution. Many thanks to all those who gave me points! :hail:

It was a lot of fun for me to take part in the competition and it was the same as I always read in the forum posts: just start to program patches and use the musical ideas (that inevitably come). That's how you end up with a piece of music.
Besides, I don't see a better way to learn about mixing and mastering - and that with lots of fun and nice people!

I will not be able to take part in the Thorn competition for lack of time. But I'll be back at the next opportunity.
If you don't fail - you didn't even try

Congratulations Photonic and the other winners! :tu:

I think this was one of the best OSCs so far, at least imho. So congrats to all participants :hug:

Thank you to everybody commenting on Soundcloud and a big sorry that I didn't find the time to answer you back. Had (and still have) some busy weeks...
Dee.P.Tree wrote:P.S.: I am not sure I will be able to make a track using Thorn, due to bad health. See you all very soon. :hug:
Get well soon :hug:

Thank you bj for your effort and Urs for this cool synth :hug:
Failure is success in progress.

eraze the borders wrote:
Dee.P.Tree wrote:P.S.: I am not sure I will be able to make a track using Thorn, due to bad health. See you all very soon. :hug:
Get well soon :hug:
Thanks, ETB for wishes. :hug:

Yes, congrats to Photonic, such a lovely track! See you next round :hihi:

Congrats to all! 8)

Antti

Thank you all So much !!! :D :hug: :D

And my congratulations to Taron, TrojakEW, Kokotte and Hanz Meyzer :tu: :clap:
You all deserved this top place. And it is nice to see that all those tracks do have a different style. So it is good to see that one can get good points with any genre in this challenge!

I am a very happy man today for two reasons. Let me tell you a short story:
I lost my job in summer after 28 years, because the company was shut down. That is especially bad when you are over 50. But I found a new very interessting job. And this week was my first week in this new company. It seems that I found just the right thing for me. Everything is fine and I am really looking forward with big confidence.
And now I start my computer and see that I won this OSC#104. This is the cherry on top of the cake! :party:

Than you again so much :hug:

This was the 4th time that I won an OSC with an U-he synth (TrippleCheese, Podolski, Zebra and now Zebralette. With Hive I "only" got 2nd :wink: ) . It seems, that this company brings me luck. So I will say a big THANK YOU to Urs, making all those wonderfull synths. :clap: :tu: :clap:

For the prize: it is so nice from him to sponsore a prize again for this round. This time I will take no synth, I will take Presswerk, a very promissing looking compressor.

And I give my OK to put my track on Spottify.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Wow, congrats, photonic! That's wonderful news, making me actually feel really happy for you. Such strange times we live in and I can easily imagine how scary it can get. But at the same time, we're all part of a process we do not have to really understand, but we're given all the power we need to, to function as best we can. And this process wants us to, too! :borg: :lol: :tu:

Wehehell, I know what I want:
Dmitry Sches : Thorn

Congratulations photonic. Well deserved!

Taron wrote:Wehehell, I know what I want:
Now that's surprising! :P
Failure is success in progress.

eraze the borders wrote:
Taron wrote:Wehehell, I know what I want:
Now that's surprising! :P
Yeah - a no-brainer eh Taron. Now let's see you make that killer soundset for Thorn - but maybe *after* the current OSC. hehe! :hihi: :hihi: I suspect Dmitry will be very surprised and happy with the tracks made with his lovely synth. :D :D

Oh yes, well done. :clap: :clap:

I seem to have settled back to my usual halfway house, but happy that most people liked the track, not too many 2's, especially given the really good company above me. :tu:

dB

Oh god, oh dear...I'm really itching badly to show you two new sounds I made, which really...hmm...how should I say: I don't know, if they are as incredible as I think/feel they are, but if my feeling doesn't betray me, they are quite outstanding.
I have this curious "test" I like making, which is to play those sounds during watching some show, a movie or anything that has a decent score running. If my sound feels like it's somehow part of the music, not sticking out like a sour thumb, then it appears to be working.
That's particularly important and interesting, when the sound is meant to sound natural, believable, but is so unusual that one wouldn't expect it to.
So, yeah, this is going to be interesting! 8)

And, Bob, I have actually already begun considering to create a soundset. If I can maintain this sort of touch for a big enough variety of instruments that belong in this kind of world, then it would be quite awesome! I'm even looking out for making them as easy on the CPU as possible! :D

Return to “Instruments”