Slate Digital Releases Virtual Tube Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But softube doesn't even support all hosts as far as their presets are concerned. In reason, the RE's are fine. But in demoing softube for vst, it's dicey.

incubus wrote:But softube doesn't even support all hosts as far as their presets are concerned. In reason, the RE's are fine. But in demoing softube for vst, it's dicey.
As of late, Softube doesn't even support Windows 7 any longer...

incubus wrote:But softube doesn't even support all hosts as far as their presets are concerned. In reason, the RE's are fine. But in demoing softube for vst, it's dicey.
I wasn't making a general case for Softube, just observing that both they and Waves are continuing to offer sales on their permanent licenses even though they are both offering subscriptions.

$179 for the collection of 3 plugins or only for one plugin?

I have not tested this plugins yet and I'm not sure that I need them.

It's for three plugins, similar to what they did before with two.

All three indeed. And they're super sweet, warming up your mix like only Slate can.

Hey guys, I just released a quick video tutorial on how I like to use VTC:
https://youtu.be/doFyOs6KH4Y

I just picked up VTC at the blowout $49 price! ;-)

While I'm waiting for the ilok server to come back up - are people using VTC and VCC (I have this too) together?

I get that you'd use a VTC preamp if you have VCC on a track - but what about the "console" mode?
Take VCC off? Just listen and see?...

<c'mon ilok.com...>
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I think I will pick VTC up as well. Slate's analog stuff works well and I use VCC and VBC a lot - but I miss being able to continuously drive VCC until it's full on (soft) saturation. I like the idea of learning the flavours and then having every shade I need from a single plug, rather than having separate plugs for subtle or harder sat. And the dry/wet knob is useful (something I miss on VCC but can get with Reaper's own control).

The only thing that really annoys me with Slate, and I noticed this on a YouTube review of VTC too, is that they always have the volume slightly boosted with the saturation effect on. This is obviously to trick those that can't easily tell the difference (which takes experience) that the effect is actually 'better'. But for me it just gets in the way of evaluating the effect properly, and that shouldn't happen. On VCC I then have to manually reduce the (normally linked) out level a little to get a real volume match - a waste of time.

I don't buy that saturation _has_ to sound a little louder, they could easily perceptually volume match it throughout the whole range.

Anybody else feel this way?

if it wasn't for the VMR workflow i'd be all over it. the VMR modules sound good to me but i constantly find myself naturally gravitating towards single plugins. i tried to give VMR a good shot as i've had it for a few years now, but alas this approach doesn't fit my workflow, so i'll pass on this one as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

With which other plugins would u compare them?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Burillo wrote:if it wasn't for the VMR workflow i'd be all over it. the VMR modules sound good to me but i constantly find myself naturally gravitating towards single plugins. i tried to give VMR a good shot as i've had it for a few years now, but alas this approach doesn't fit my workflow, so i'll pass on this one as well.
First of all, I am not a Slate fan - I am kind of generally disgusted with Steven Slate and his company and all the Slate fanbois running around. The only reason I use Slate is because I was able to get VMR, VTR, VCC, VBC in total for about $80 2nd hand.

WIth that said, talking about single plugin use - why then not just instantiate a single VMR module in VMR and use it that way, as a single plugin. That's what I do usually unless there is a need to chain multiple modules.

plexuss wrote:WIth that said, talking about single plugin use - why then not just instantiate a single VMR module in VMR and use it that way, as a single plugin. That's what I do usually unless there is a need to chain multiple modules.
i understand how you could use it that way, i just don't like it, for whatever reason. i don't know why it doesn't jive with me - it just doesn't. VTM i like and use. VCC, when it was single plugins, i loved and used. VBC - OK, those guys never really clicked with me, so i'm selling them off as well. but VMR... i keep missing them in the plugin folder, and then suddenly remember that i have it. it seems to lack the immediacy, and that kills the workflow for me.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

still thinking about the package. hope to find time to demo now. what do you compare those plugins to others so far? or are they a class of their own?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Could they be compared to the Kush Transformers ?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”