LFO trick... can it be done?

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Saukar30 wrote:Just checked out the demo of Theys. And yes.. the manual mode is exactly what I want. Hoever... some niggles:

1. I tried using Thesys as just a MIDI device to send MIDI to another synth with the MIDI cc lane set to controla MIDI control on my soft synth. It does that fine. However.. it mute the output of my synth. (I dont know if that is because of i being a demo).

2. It seems that this function starts at C3 of my midi keys. When I go any lower, Thesys just wants to change the patterns. After I clicked on the options to toggle the modes of the keys, now thee is no MIDI output when I go below key C3.
1. Can't tell what's wrong here. Which host do you use?

2. It's the nature/design of Thesys that certain keys are defined to control 'something'. See the image enclosed. Anyway, as I guessed, it may not be the optimal solution for you. But still it is worth to think about your request. Want to know it myself. That said, wonder if Cable Guys' midi plugin could be another solution. Must check this.

Actually, think that it's a finger snip for SE-people to build such a tool with this specific function. In Reaktor, too, but this would mean to use another "third-party"-plugin.

elassi wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:Just checked out the demo of Theys. And yes.. the manual mode is exactly what I want. Hoever... some niggles:

1. I tried using Thesys as just a MIDI device to send MIDI to another synth with the MIDI cc lane set to controla MIDI control on my soft synth. It does that fine. However.. it mute the output of my synth. (I dont know if that is because of i being a demo).

2. It seems that this function starts at C3 of my midi keys. When I go any lower, Thesys just wants to change the patterns. After I clicked on the options to toggle the modes of the keys, now thee is no MIDI output when I go below key C3.
1. Can't tell what's wrong here. Which host do you use?

2. It's the nature/design of Thesys that certain keys are defined to control 'something'. See the image enclosed. Anyway, as I guessed, it may not be the optimal solution for you. But still it is worth to think about your request. Want to know it myself. That said, wonder if Cable Guys' midi plugin could be another solution. Must check this.

1. I use Reaper.
2. Yeah, Im aware its nowhere being a common request. And Im definitely not upset about Thesys... it actually does qhat I qant.. but as you said, its setup for midi bote to do specific things.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

It's an interesting thing. Even more if the "cycle" moves on as long as the note/key is pressed. Then, after release, it stops, but continues at the same "spot" when a note/key is pressed again. This is not given with the "Thesys-method" and also differs to the classic usage of LFOs for modulation (at least to my knowledge).

Not sure if there's a certain advantage by doing so but it's something to experiment with. :tu:

Unfortunately I'm quite busy atm but will come back to it sooner or later (hopefully).

Return to “Sound Design”