Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys. I saw this November deal and I'm just curious what others think of the diamond bundle. I've never bought 3rd party effects, apart from those included in Komplete, and want to know is it worth it? I wasn't really planning on buying an effects bundle, but 90% off is a pretty serious discount.
Thoughts?

I didn't count but I own around 15 waves plugins. They are good, there is no doubt about that, but personally I don't use them so much. The reason is that I work with 2 computers, and I move projects between those computers. Waves are however only installed on one computer since the license only allow one computer. I could in theory install all plugins on both computers and use waves central every time I need to move a license but it's too much work.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATN69 wrote:I didn't count but I own around 15 waves plugins. They are good, there is no doubt about that, but personally I don't use them so much. The reason is that I work with 2 computers, and I move projects between those computers. Waves are however only installed on one computer since the license only allow one computer. I could in theory install all plugins on both computers and use waves central every time I need to move a license but it's too much work.
FWIW, Waves licenses can be put on a USB drive, making them portable between systems.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Vortifex wrote:I personally don't think it's worth it. Sure, you get a lot of plugins for the money, but you get lots of overlap:

6 maximizers/limiters
7 compressors
8 EQs

Ok, you're paying peanuts for each one, but you have to ask: if they were being sold individually for £3.70 would you buy all 65? I wouldn't.
Definitely can't see myself, or anyone for that matter, using 65 different plugins. I'll wait and see if any other Black Friday deals pop up first before getting the bundle. Or I may just hold off and grab some new monitors. I still have the effects I got with Komplete which should be fine for most purposes.

Straight2Vinyl wrote: Definitely can't see myself, or anyone for that matter, using 65 different plugins.
LOL. You should see how many plugins I have. 65? I probably have over 1500.

I had Gold but sold it. Diamond doesn't interest me. Once I move onto other more modern plugins the Waves stuff of old had no value to me. I do have their analogue modelled tools and some of their more recent ones but the older ones are over-shadowed by more sophisticated ones from other companies. So it depends - if you dont have a lot of 3rd party plugins, it might be a good value for you. Gold was for me at the time. Just check the license transfer cost and if you end up getting more plugins from other companies in the future you might want to sell Diamond so keep the transfer fee in mind.

whyterabbyt wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I didn't count but I own around 15 waves plugins. They are good, there is no doubt about that, but personally I don't use them so much. The reason is that I work with 2 computers, and I move projects between those computers. Waves are however only installed on one computer since the license only allow one computer. I could in theory install all plugins on both computers and use waves central every time I need to move a license but it's too much work.
FWIW, Waves licenses can be put on a USB drive, making them portable between systems.
Yeah, so I heard and it sounds like a good idea. In my day to day work however I use USB drives and USB sticks a lot to move files between computers and I experienced broken USB drives many times. This is also why I don't like the e-licenser. USB devices are sensitive for ESD, wear and tare, etc. I just don't trust it. I have a e-licenser for Nexus and I never took it out of the computer. I am sure if something would happen that Waves would help. So far they always gave good support.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

personally i am not a fan of waves plugins but i suggest you demo them before you decide on spending

Waves is kind of meh now a days.

DMG Audio, Cytomic, Softube, Brainworx all wipe the floor with them. IMO
:borg:

I think it's a great deal because you will get all the basic effects you need. Of course there are other options that you might want to look into first.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Straight2Vinyl wrote:
Vortifex wrote:I personally don't think it's worth it. Sure, you get a lot of plugins for the money, but you get lots of overlap:

6 maximizers/limiters
7 compressors
8 EQs

Ok, you're paying peanuts for each one, but you have to ask: if they were being sold individually for £3.70 would you buy all 65? I wouldn't.
Definitely can't see myself, or anyone for that matter, using 65 different plugins. I'll wait and see if any other Black Friday deals pop up first before getting the bundle. Or I may just hold off and grab some new monitors. I still have the effects I got with Komplete which should be fine for most purposes.

lol that's funny.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Imo its a great value. I have Gold and use quite a number of plugins, but after having expierience in last couple months with theyr licence management i want to get rid of any Waves plugin.

While most of plugin creators offer ability to use at least on 2 machines those who dont, managing licences is easy, waves is a clickfest, you cant just deactivate licence. You have to every time login, remove licence from PC, move it to cloud, login to the laptop (or other studio), download from cloud your licence and move it to your computer.

Now imagine scneario in wich project file on your laptop (with moved waves licence on it) is broken and you need to resave project wich has waves plugins in it on home PC, your internet is too slow to use TeamViewer or any other streaming program and you have to explain to your fiance step by step what to open, what to login, download licence, then remove ect ...

that for i will never ever going to buy any waves plugin :D

Up to you. I own about 15 different Waves plugs and while I like them quite a bit (H-Series ...) Waves central has been a huge PITA for me lately - it made me want to ditch those plugs more than once and I'm not alone.

ATS wrote:I think it's a great deal because you will get all the basic effects you need.
So does your DAW

Looks like this year we are getting another free plugin, except this time we have a choice. Including a new, unnanounced plugin.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Return to “Effects”