Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

skipscada wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
MOOG Filter.jpg
I've been wondering about getting one of those for two things: sending tracks out from my DAW through an effect loop with this filter and back in again, for hands-on control and quality filtering; and for filtering VA synths and my little modular, which have underwhelming filters. How are you using yours, and do you feel you're getting significant mileage out of it?
The filter in the picture us part of a SUB37. I haven't tried the input section as yet, but its a very nice sounding filter. I'm very happy with the synth.

dark water wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Arturia Microbrute.jpg
Doepfer Dark Energy & Dark Time.jpg
Korg Monotron Delay.jpg

Nice looking studio, and great clarity with the photographs.
What camera do you use (sorry, I know this is off on a tangent)?

Cheers.
Believe it or not, its my smartphone camera. Its a Nokia Lumia. :)

Fair play!
Smartphones have really developed as impressive camera devices in the last 5 or so years.

Anyway, back to studio pix everyone, soz.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
dark water wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Arturia Microbrute.jpg
Doepfer Dark Energy & Dark Time.jpg
Korg Monotron Delay.jpg

Nice looking studio, and great clarity with the photographs.
What camera do you use (sorry, I know this is off on a tangent)?

Cheers.
Believe it or not, its my smartphone camera. Its a Nokia Lumia. :)
Surprised! :o
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

thecontrolcentre wrote:Believe it or not, its my smartphone camera. Its a Nokia Lumia. :)
Heard some people praise Lumia for its capability in that regard. This is just the next count. :tu:

add: Still, photographs of Push seem to be quite difficult. Tried it myself with HDR and other methods. Nothing satisfied me (the buttons...). Strange.

Hink wrote:For decades I had just a corner of a room for my studio, now three rooms and there is a basement too underneath where either there or my two car garage a full band could jam (basement is also good for cabling). Makes me happy 8)
:)

As always, a work in progress.

Incoming Bastl modules are going on the top row of the Mantis, Pressure Points/Brains on the bottom row starting where those black panels are. I'm expecting a bunch of blank panels from Magpie to replace that cardboard, but I haven't gotten a ship notification yet.

In March once the Koma Field Kit FX arrives, I'll have 54HP left in the Mantis (and 1HP in the rack, heh). Though I have a few inexpensive modules on my Christmas list, and Black Friday might bring something in.

are those tiptop rackmount modular cases worth getting? How are the power supplies holding up?

foosnark wrote: Image
Looks smart.

Close-up so the messy cabling doesn't show :D

wickfut wrote:are those tiptop rackmount modular cases worth getting? How are the power supplies holding up?
Z-rails and ears are pretty good if you've got a 19" rack. Some of the screw holes in the nut strips seem slightly narrower than they should be or maybe tapped at a slightly off angle or something, but I've never not been able to work through it with a little extra force.

I can't really recommend their uZeus power supplies though -- they tend to be noisy and even with the 3A power brick, depending on the modules you choose, you can still max out current on the -12V rail before you reach the limits on the +12V.

I have a Synthrotek Super Power Green for the rack on the left and it's adequate. A little flaky sometimes if it's under a light load and you leave its panel switch on and use a separate breaker (which I prefer to do to turn off power before it gets to the brick). I won't deal with Synthrotek any more after the owner's recent social media implosion and some of the stories from his former employees, though. I'd probably go with Koma Strom or 4ms Row Power.

No problems with the PSU in the Mantis though. :tu:

foosnark wrote:In March once the Koma Field Kit FX arrives, I'll have 54HP left in the Mantis
Now that I have a Double Helix on its way too, make that 26HP. :D Probably going to sell off a couple of my other VCOs though.

foosnark, how much use your 0-coast sees with all the euro around you? How useful do you find it without other things (in Nick Batt voice) patched to it? I've tested it briefly and it sort of left a mark.

I use the 0-Coast quite a bit. Partly because I only have three channels of MIDI-CV conversion (one with velocity) and the 0-Coast has its own. But really, it has a lot of character and flexibility and I love it.

Usually I don't patch anything else into it. It does play nicely with other VCOs though.

I thought I might replace it once I picked up Function, Contour and Dynamix in Euro, but I use the 0-Coast as much as ever :)

foosnark wrote:Usually I don't patch anything else into it.
That's great to hear. Yeah, I think it sounds awesome and the form factor to features ratio is super inviting. Guess the only thing holding me back is the gateway effect. I found myself already on modulargrid, picking up stuff to complement 0-coast... just a tiny little case you know :help:

How many of you clean your studio up before taking your photos? :hihi:
:borg:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”