RIP Cakewalk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chandlerhimself wrote:I’ve known Gibson was terrible for a while, but I was hoping they wouldn’t ruin Cakewalk like they did everything else. To be honest Sonar actually got better, but I guess it was like a car the drives really well until you realize the brakes don’t work. Gibson is business poison.
What can one expect from Gibson? They don't care about their customers either. Even famous guitarists have been treated like crap by Gibson. Their employees are treated really bad too. Hey they even turned down James Hetfield a long time ago when he wanted to be sponsored and have his custom guitars. :lol: Rumours say Gibson is on the brink to bankruptcy. Well we will see eventually if it's true or not.

Certainly Gibson seems in a bit of a precarious position, they do own a lot of brands though: Teac, KRK, Kramer, Tascam, Baldwin Pianos, Cerwin Vega etc... None of them are outstanding, but if I had to guess, I'd say they will probably squeak by for a while yet, based on the sheer extent of their holdings. :shrug:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never was a fan of them and all their silence plus strange ways got me into not following z
Them a long time. Im sad abouut the workers and users. The managers are always in good hands they reserve already their financials before closing.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:First LinPlug, now Cakewalk...

A growing trend perhaps? Is the VST market collapsing?
I think it's just too many devs honestly. My guess is the market is bigger than ever.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
egbert101 wrote:First LinPlug, now Cakewalk...

A growing trend perhaps? Is the VST market collapsing?
I think it's just too many devs honestly. My guess is the market is bigger than ever.
i will not try to look like an idiot but when they provide lifetime upgrades for a product i think they are kinda ..... you know
i think they should have done something like ableton or reaper
where all the versions of ableton 9.0.1 to 9.9.99 will ber free and ableton 10 will be a paid upgrade or like reaper - 2 consecutive versions will be free on single purchase
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Maybe they make it like prodyon. They sold me a "Plugin-For-Life! Onetime Payment deal".
Then Dennis closed prodyon and started a new company with a new name.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Well, I guess they are closing down to teach a valuable lesson to everyone who bought "lifetime updates". Really, why would anyone buy anything that says lifetime this or lifetime that?
No signature here!

A long time a go I used Twelve Tone Systems Cakewalk Express on Windows 3. Wow! Is this the end for Cakewalk?

Gibson, the guitar manufacturer?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

robotmonkey wrote:Well, I guess they are closing down to teach a valuable lesson to everyone who bought "lifetime updates". Really, why would anyone buy anything that says lifetime this or lifetime that?
I bought FLstudio like 15 years ago when it was on version 3. Now version 12, still getting the updates.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

I bought FLstudio like 15 years ago when it was on version 3. Now version 12, still getting the updates.
Same here. I came in at version 3.11 about 20 years ago. Props to Image Line. When they said lifetime free updates they meant it. They figured out a different way to make money from their DAW. I didn't actually upgrade to 12 really. I'm waiting for version 20 (LOL) to go all in.

Lifetime warranties are for suckers... I've outlived a few thats for sure.

I know a guy who knows a guy who says Cakewalk was bought out by Apple to join Camel Audio..... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”