SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

zvenx wrote:I have a love hate with his patches.... usually sound great but little or no aftertouch modulation or velocity sensitivity and very basic cliche modwheel.....They are for me like diamonds in the rough. Almost there but not quite.
rsp
That's why I believe my next SynthMaster project will be to deep dive into a few of my favorite Nori sounds, and attempt to apply some of the modulation techniques that Big Tone has used in his 'Analog Basics' and 'Signature Sounds' sound sets.

Many of Big Tone's patches make very creative use of various combinations of velocity, aftertouch, mod wheel, and pitch bend. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

A few modulation issues:
1. Creating mod mappings via drag and drop often creates two mod matrix entries - one is correct and one has the source that was dragged but no target.
2. Dragging the modulator that is initially selected when a patch is loaded yields a matrix entry with no source.
3. The ring remains around a control when all mappings are removed from the matrix
4. If you add a mapping to the matrix via drag-and-drop, set it back to "none" and "--" but leave the mod amount in a nonzero position, then drag and drop that same modulator onto that same control, the mapping is re-added to the matrix but with no source
4.5 "Source" is missing the e in matrix entries :P

Also, a feature request:
Would it be possible to make it so clicking a selected preset filter deselects that filter?

kv331 wrote:Guys, I have a new update coming tonight. This one has some important fixes, and the setup sizes will reduce by 200 MB (just figured to scale the images at runtime instead of doing that by the GUIEditor)

v2.9 Release Candidate
1. FIX: When user saves presets under sub folders of Presets folder, SynthMaster might crash
2. FIX: When number of held notes is greater than 64, SynthMaster crashes
3. FIX: GUIEditor saves rendered images twice in the skin definition file
4. FIX: Browser lists in default skins (Gray, Blue, Orange, Red) are not multi-select
5. FIX: GUIEditor generates separate images for each skin resolution, which results in increased setup file size
6. FIX: Satyatunes Blue skin looks blurry at resolutions greater than 100%
7. FIX: Expansions downloads fail when CDN https/http redirection is used.
Does this fix issues I had emailed you?
It crashes upon scan in Studio One Pro v3.5 and crashes Nuendo trying to even initiate an instance.
Both Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
rsp
sound sculptist

zzz00m wrote:
zvenx wrote:I have a love hate with his patches.... usually sound great but little or no aftertouch modulation or velocity sensitivity and very basic cliche modwheel.....They are for me like diamonds in the rough. Almost there but not quite.
rsp
That's why I believe my next SynthMaster project will be to deep dive into a few of my favorite Nori sounds, and attempt to apply some of the modulation techniques that Big Tone has used in his 'Analog Basics' and 'Signature Sounds' sound sets.

Many of Big Tone's patches make very creative use of various combinations of velocity, aftertouch, mod wheel, and pitch bend. :tu:
:-)
With the exception of his Legend patches which weren't meant to be released (just used to compare hardware vs software), indeed Big Tone's patches are always 'complete'.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Does this fix issues I had emailed you?
It crashes upon scan in Studio One Pro v3.5 and crashes Nuendo trying to even initiate an instance.
rsp
It might have fixed them. I just released the "Release Candidate" version on the server.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Greenstorm33 wrote: Also, a feature request:
Would it be possible to make it so clicking a selected preset filter deselects that filter?
Please download the latest release candidate version, that one has a fix for that issue.
Works at KV331 Audio

@kv331
"Importing WAV/AIFF Multisamples as SFZ definitions" probably means that imported files would be copied instead of just "pointed" on HDD?
Is simple WAV/AIFF import possible without copying/moving files, I mean SynthMaster just remembering the path for further references?

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote: Does this fix issues I had emailed you?
rsp
It might have fixed them. I just released the "Release Candidate" version on the server.
Did you change the beta server location?
It has been given me errors since earlier today in firefox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Works at KV331 Audio

Thanks.
that works.
rsp
sound sculptist

The good on the bad.
On Mac only so far

The good is satya skin is now very readable at 140%
and multiple tags searches work.

The bad news:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p6587178

still no love for some pre 2.7 patches.

and
I don't imagine either check for updates options are what was intended.
both skins are at 140%

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

PC Windows 10 Pro.
First the great news. No longer crashes Nuendo or Studio One Pro.

I had to manually remove the older skins, since even after install the Satya at 140 was blurry. Once I removed the older ones, and reinstalled it is fine.
The Check for update as above, works fine in your blue skin but in satya skin, like on the mac there is no parameter to change in that field.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

nordickvr wrote:@kv331
"Importing WAV/AIFF Multisamples as SFZ definitions" probably means that imported files would be copied instead of just "pointed" on HDD?
Is simple WAV/AIFF import possible without copying/moving files, I mean SynthMaster just remembering the path for further references?
+1

I've asked Bülent pretty much the same question a while ago, with regards to the wavetables. Like many of us I've got tons of samples and wavetables and really don't need any duplicates, especially on a smaller system partition where SM keeps all that stuff in the Documents folder.

@Bülent ... would it be a big deal to add a link to user samples/wavetable folders in the settings (or maybe just the config file)?
Last edited by atya on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kv331 wrote:Try the user page directly:

http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx

'https' connection still not functional :(

kv331 wrote:
Greenstorm33 wrote: Also, a feature request:
Please download the latest release candidate version, that one has a fix for that issue.
Awesome, thanks! If you could at least fix issue #1 from my post (Creating mod mappings via drag and drop often creates two mod matrix entries - one is correct and one has the source that was dragged but no target) for the final release I'd really appreciate it. To replicate, just load the init patch, select a modulator (to avoid issue #2), and drag to a control like the filter cutoff.

Return to “Instruments”