Melda Effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone use the Melda Free Effects bundle? I'm switching to Reaper and the Reaper Effects are OK but I was thinking of picking up the Melda Bundle on Black Friday for half off (so I don't get nag screens). Anyone use it and recommend it over stock DAW plugins?

IMO its much better than stock DAW plugins. The automatic gain compensation, multiparameters and metering are what makes them better than stock DAW stuff IMO. Here is a vid where I use MEqualizer with a multiparameter to simplify EQ automation.

https://youtu.be/oRDAJhBr9LA

Your daws stock plugins were designed for quick use (especially at main tasks). From the Melda plugins you probably won't need 95% of their features but they're in there because, well coding pr0n probably :lol: At least in my opinion they are unnesecary overcomplicated because of that. The Melda community is very helpful, but they'll tell you too that these plugins need a very long and steep learning curve before you can really use them.

Try them to see if they fit your workflow. If not, you'll quickly find others. At least the main companies offer free plugins.

Btw: the statement that you'll need to buy the free bundle is very funny and sad at the same time.

They are really flexible. The free bundle is a great deal. Running the waveshaper with heavy duty oversampling is great. I would definitely recommend getting the upgraded free bundle at the least to see if their plugins click for you.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

MirkoVanHauten wrote:Your daws stock plugins were designed for quick use (especially at main tasks). From the Melda plugins you probably won't need 95% of their features but they're in there because, well coding pr0n probably :lol: At least in my opinion they are unnesecary overcomplicated because of that. The Melda community is very helpful, but they'll tell you too that these plugins need a very long and steep learning curve before you can really use them.

Try them to see if they fit your workflow. If not, you'll quickly find others. At least the main companies offer free plugins.

Btw: the statement that you'll need to buy the free bundle is very funny and sad at the same time.
Yes the MeldaProduction plug-ins use a common code base; the big advantage is that once you learn the features in depth, that knowledge will apply to the other plug-ins too. But there is NOT a long leanring curve to start using them. Then you can learn about the features as and when you need them.

Licensing the "Free" bundle (currently 32 plug-ins) enables some additional features:
  • You can change size and style of the plugins.
  • You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
  • You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
  • Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
  • The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I have the free ones and also the mix and master plugins. They are superb all of them. Sure there are so many functions in these plugins that you will not need most of the time but the amazing thing is that once you learn these plugins properly you basically don't need much else. The EQ and compressor included in the free bundle have everything. Stock plugins normally doesn't handle mid/side processing but Melda plugs can. The sonogram is very useful when working with the EQ. Since I got these Melda plugins I found that there is nothing I was missing. I could always find a plugin that can do what I am looking for. As a bonus Voijtech some times throw in new plugins for free in these bundles, so these bundles are growing.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Coupled with MXXX core which is only $50 at the moment you have a killer multi effects unit with its extra modulators and multiband features.

The Wavefolder is one of the best software versions Ive heard
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Melda have a very comprehensive lineup of plugins that they constantly grow, update, fix and improve. Their philosophy seems to be to give the user the deepest control possible over processing and are all about outputting the highest signal quality, though often at the expense of simplicity.

With MXXX you can create a similar effect to Eventide Fission only much more customisable and with a greater option of effect types

VariKusBrainZ wrote:With MXXX you can create a similar effect to Eventide Fission only much more customisable and with a greater option of effect types
To use any of the free FX inside MXXX Core, you need to buy the free bundle upgrade. Act fast (today) and get it for around 30 EUR. No brainer purchase IMO. A few of the free bundle modules are indispensable. Being able to save presets is worth the price alone.

Is the ability to use the free fx inside Core a recent thing? From what I read before and according to the website:
http://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore

One must own the MB version of a plugin in order to use it in Core, for example MCombMB.

Sorry, I was wrong....ignore !

ericzang wrote:Is the ability to use the free fx inside Core a recent thing? From what I read before and according to the website:
http://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore

One must own the MB version of a plugin in order to use it in Core, for example MCombMB.
I think maybe the chart showing what purchased modules open up what MXXX modules is not up to date. I asked about this here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=494550

Not a lengthy answer, but it indicates that at least one free module becomes available in MXXX Core when the free bundle is upgraded to paid-for status.

Return to “Effects”