Softube FET Compressor needed or not?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

with it currently on sale and not having a softube plugin i wonder if this is really a great/magical soundin plugin? how is it against:

POWAIR
Tracks 5 Comps
NI Comps
WAVES Comps
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It sounds super great, but I would have a look at DMG Track Comp.
It has 1176,LA2A, SSL buss compressor , SSL channel compressor and DMG Compassion “easy” modes.

I like the overloud and PSP FET Comps, never tried the softube. Just bought the PSP version for $25 actually.
You can get 50% off the current 50% off sale if you happen to have the preQursor2 EQ. If you don't its $69, but then you get the Eq as well. Both very good imho.

Of course, the DMG plugin is excellent as well and obviously more versatile.

POWAIR is aiming at transparency vs some more character ones within the ones being named till now.
I’d definitely put PSP FETpressor high in the list as Softube alternative.

Oh yeah, there is also the amazing Kush NOVATRON to consider, if you're not anti-iLok. One of it's modes is FET.
Only $13 more than the softube comp and quite possibly one of the greatest plugin compressors ever.

pekbro wrote:I like the overloud and PSP FET Comps, never tried the softube. Just bought the PSP version for $25 actually.
You can get 50% off the current 50% off sale if you happen to have the preQursor2 EQ. If you don't its $69, but then you get the Eq as well. Both very good imho.

I gotta agree, the new PSP FET Compressor is great.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
pekbro wrote:I like the overloud and PSP FET Comps, never tried the softube. Just bought the PSP version for $25 actually.

I gotta agree, the new PSP FET Compressor is great.
Yeah, the PSP FET along with the PSP E27 or PreQursor2 EQ has gotten me the best bass guitar sound I've ever recorded.

pekbro wrote:Oh yeah, there is also the amazing Kush NOVATRON to consider, if you're not anti-iLok. One of it's modes is FET.
Only $13 more than the softube comp and quite possibly one of the greatest plugin compressors ever.
Don't know if @Caine123 is anti-iLok, but I certainly thought about Novatron too.
It came to mind that iLok could be a problem here though.
Is it?
Edit : PSP is in the process of going back to iLok.
Not completed atm.
Last edited by nordickvr on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Softube FET is very good. I almost always choose it over the Waves CLA-76. Compared to the PSP FET compressor, it still gets used more. The Softube plugins are all very low on CPU. Im my experience, all my PSP plugins are pretty high on CPU load. But, the PSP FET can do things that no other comp I have can. I wish it were optimized more but I can't argue about the sound. Still, 9/10 times I pick the Softube, just for the low CPU hit and I know just what it will do. The only complaint I have with the Softube FET is the GUI. I really dislike it. The controls are too touchy for input and output gain.

i had to go ilok with soundtoys etc. so im not anti ilok, if softube fet comp and e.g. PSP FET Compressor arent such a big difference i dont think i wanna spend much more money for it. maybe i just stay with supercharger GT which is also very nice for drums/busses, mastering i use a lot the waves ones and vocals maybe powair this time :D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Ilok isn’t a problem for me so far. The psp comp has not been updated to ilok as yet. It will at some pount no doubt. The Novatron is just crazy good, but fairly costly. If you think it’s too expensive or not worth the ilok hassle, probably best not to try it. It’s hard ilok only as well, psp supports the soft version.

Buy it, its magical :)

Softube FET is a war machine , it is my fav comp , if you need a clean comp don't buy it but if you want something to smash drums / synth .... you need it.

Return to “Effects”