Cubase Crossgrade for Cakewalk Sonar Users / 50% off

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice! I will miss CW. I plan on continuing to use it for a while, slowly transitioning to a new DAW. It looks to be Cubase as most of what I do is midi based. I don't think I'll have problems - I believe if one can wrap their head around a DAW as involved as Sonar, they can do the same in Cubase.

MatthiasQ wrote:
husker37 wrote:What will be the Sonar user Crossgrade price in US dollars tomorrow?
At Sweetwater USD 255 + USD 35 for the eLicenser dongle
That's a very tempting offer!

I do not know if things have changed in recent years, but the boxed version of Cubase COMES WITH THE eLicenser. It also includes DVDs to do the full install, except for updates. You also have SE versions of other Steinberg products that you can update to full versions. At least that is how it used to be.

This is a generous offer and if I were a Sonar user I would dive on it. But I am a Cubase user. And I would buy a second copy if I needed it.

midi_transmission wrote:By the way... how does this crossgrade work?

Just an example. I Want to crossgrade from Studio One to Cubase. So I need to proof that I have Studio One. But will I have to give my Studio One license to Steinberg or are they connected somehow after that? Or do I need only to show them once that I own Studio one and thats it?
You just have to provide a proof of purchase. The license number in your user account for example. You can keep your license of the DAW of course.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

NNevez wrote:Wait, what? So when i buy Cubase Pro boxed version, the box already contains the eLicenser dongle?
There is no mention of that in the Steinberg site, or i did not see it.
I was contemplating getting Cubase and i was going to buy the eLicensesr separately. :dog:
Yes, the boxed version always contains the eLicenser. Only if you purchase a download at i.e. Sweetwater you will need an extra dongle.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

MatthiasQ wrote:

Just an example. I Want to crossgrade from Studio One to Cubase. So I need to proof that I have Studio One. But will I have to give my Studio One license to Steinberg or are they connected somehow after that? Or do I need only to show them once that I own Studio one and thats it?
You just have to provide a proof of purchase. The license number in your user account for example. You can keep your license of the DAW of course.

What versions of Sonar are eligible? Like I have Sonar X2 Studio. I might jump on board if this is eligible.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
MatthiasQ wrote:

What versions of Sonar are eligible? Like I have Sonar X2 Studio. I might jump on board if this is eligible.
Sonar Platinum and Professional apply.

Grum.

Has Steinberg ever done 50% off? It looks they are trying aggressively to acquire new users.

Grumbleweed wrote:
ATS wrote:
MatthiasQ wrote:

Grum.
Is that one either of those?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
Grumbleweed wrote:
ATS wrote:
MatthiasQ wrote:

Grum.
Is that one either of those?
I'm not sure what you are asking but the bottom line is your product (X2 Studio) is not eligible.
Either Sonar Platinum or Sonar Professional do apply.

Grum.

tooneba wrote:Has Steinberg ever done 50% off? It looks they are trying aggressively to acquire new users.
I think there were for ProTools a couple of years ago when debackle at Avid and rather rude upgrade policies.

I am taking advantage of this offer as you can do it from mist full DAWS (S1, Live, Reason) and for me Cubase has addressed a lot of the issues that made me jump ship (to S1), predominantly the 'one window' design (as I use a 4K 32 inch) and a lot of very cool new stuff like the sampler track and off line processing...there is a lot of great new content as well for £200 (I am VAT registered) and I just cant resist!

I sold Cubase at V8- this is much cheer than if I had kept it and just kept paying for the upgrades!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

MatthiasQ wrote:
husker37 wrote:What will be the Sonar user Crossgrade price in US dollars tomorrow?
At Sweetwater USD 255 + USD 35 for the eLicenser dongle
That's really a generous crossgrade offer; I'm going for it. I could not find it at Sweetwater (yet).

I don't see it anywhere.

husker37 wrote:I don't see it anywhere.
He said it won't be up in the US till next week after the holiday.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”