Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

Love this one!!! Have to admit I ignored most of the presets as I just wanted to get straight in the and start playing :)
Fight Apathy or don't.

Thank you for the update!! I should have checked here before I reloaded them again...got a little cumbersome :)
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Vortifex wrote:How do I stop it from canceling the previous note when I repeat a note with a slow attack and long release even though polyphony is set to maximum?
try to disable 'optimize polyphony' in the settings menu

Thanks for the new BOOST switch on the distortion module!
A bit easier to tame now :)

I need to ask,
Is it even possible to put a MIX knob on the Harmonic Filter?
That would be very useful i think.

Dimity makes other developers look quite bad with these super fast updates :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Vortifex wrote:How do I stop it from canceling the previous note when I repeat a note with a slow attack and long release even though polyphony is set to maximum?
Have you tried selecting "Optimize Polyphony" in the Settings ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sqigls wrote:
I need to ask,
That would be very useful i think.
That, and/or make it possible per osc to bypass that 'filter'

sqigls wrote:I need to ask,
I hear ya. The Harmonic Filter is amazing, but when you turn it on, THAT'S IT, Everything (except for the Noise Oscillator) is being treated that way. I don't know if I need a mix knob though. Perhaps an extra filter select button within the Harmonic Oscillators, so I can do parallel routing, and then maybe an Output Level knob within the Harmonic Filter.

LOL exmatproton I guess you beat me to it :P

Thanks a ton for those locks!

Thanks for the update - I'm now going through my patches to add some subtle distortion here and there. Works great, the boost toggle was a good idea. The love this synth has been getting is more than well deserved!

I hope Dmitry doesn't feel that we are taking advantage of his good will by piling on the FRs... but I'd like to add my +1 to more harmonic filter flexibility.

+1

Thanks for the swift updates and user support.
More flexibilty on the harmonic filter would certainly increase potential. And i guess even more love and buyers for this synth. :tu:

FR to add to the pile :)

KeyFollow slider on the Harmonic Filter with negative capability (same for the filter) just to avoid a trip to the Mod Matrix.

I am loving Thorn.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Hehe, I'm loving Thorn, too, really.
I like the idea to have a dial for the KeyFollow instead of just a toggle, even while I don't mind using the Mod Matrix, of course. However, I do wish there was more control over KeyFollow, almost like providing a range like saying C3 to C5 was 0.0 to 1.0, or inverse, of course. Let's say you were using KeyFollow on the oscillator cells. This kind of range determination would really help nail sound characteristics, especially when derived from a natural spectrum like having vocal cells from A2 to A5 in 16 steps or the likes.

The biggest trouble to me remains the attack matter. I sure hope you're still trying to solve this, Dmitry! It takes away a great, great deal of potential, not to be underestimated. Any plucky sound that would benefit from cell morphing is currently off limits, which is a real shame. Only traditional ways work, but that feels like an insult to this beautiful synth, you know. :D

Anyway, THANKS for the update, of course. It's brilliant, that you pay such attention and are ready to fix stuff right away. :tu:

sches wrote: - Fixed possible issues with restoring session data on Windows
Thanks, this appeared to fix the issue! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”